GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,437 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Mark Indiveri
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick easy question, I have a brain worm don't have my rules here.

To rephrase:

Can I discard an AoW card, then Search my Deck, then Declare my Retaliation, AFTER my enemy has declared an (Retaliatable of course) attack on that unit?

Thanks for the help!

~new player
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Conklin
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Markind wrote:
Quick easy question, I have a brain worm don't have my rules here.

To rephrase:

Can I discard an AoW card, then Search my Deck, then Declare my Retaliation, AFTER my enemy has declared an (Retaliatable of course) attack on that unit?

Thanks for the help!

~new player

Yes. The Search for a Card Manoeuver can be done by "Any player, any time, including during opposing player’s actions."

Actually you should wait until AFTER the attack is resolved (unless of course your unit has Initiative) to see if it is successful before looking for the card in order to retaliate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AR Key
msg tools
SO you dont have to declare retaliation before the original attack is resolved? Does that means that you keep cards for retaliation in case you can't longer retaliate?

I've been playing wrong...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hal Martin
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
Love my Oilers!
badge
I miss my boy :(
mbmbmbmbmb
Ar_key wrote:
SO you dont have to declare retaliation before the original attack is resolved? Does that means that you keep cards for retaliation in case you can't longer retaliate?

I've been playing wrong...

Yes. You declare retaliate after the attack and then spend the required activation card. If you don't retaliate, you don't spend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.