GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,084 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Heroes of Land, Air & Sea» Forums » Rules

Subject: Sleep vs Combat rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Epperson
United States
Monroe
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If a player’s units are put to sleep, can you attack them without them getting an attack back?

For example:

I put an opponent’s units to sleep, in a territory on an earlier turn. I then move into that territory with my units.

1. Does combat trigger?
2. If yes, can the player defend if all units are sleeping?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Alaiz
Spain
flag msg tools
1- Michael replied yes in another thread.
2- I would assume (my interpretation) that sleepers participate as normal for lying down figures (they add their force but die at the end of the battle)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The answer in the other thread isn't clear. It said, "They can still fight", but we don't know if "They" refers to the player or the sleeping units.

So to be crystal clear, if a defending army consists entirely of sleeping units:
1. Does a battle happen if those sleeping units are attacked? I.e. can the defending player play a Combat spell and Tactics card?
2. Do sleeping units add their combat value into the battle?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Alaiz
Spain
flag msg tools
I dont know how “they” can refer to a player when the question was about the sleeping units but I agree that complete clarification would be welcome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.GamelynGames.com
badge
www.GamelynGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Sleep has no effect on Battle. The units still add their war strength and they survive the battle the are awake now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Alaiz
Spain
flag msg tools
Cool! So they wake up for the battle and then back to sleep after the excitement is over...

So far almost every assumption I have made on rules question has been wrong
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.GamelynGames.com
badge
www.GamelynGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Confirmed with Scott, that Battle wakes sleeping units up. So sleeping units can battle, they can be conscripted, if they survive battle they are now awake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.