GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,457 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

The Legend of Korra: Pro-Bending Arena» Forums » Rules

Subject: Single person team rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
hithwen
Spain
flag msg tools
Haven't played with any of the single person teams yet but how does that work given that you cannot defend your own spot with attacks, you cannot attack twice same spot and you have less cards in hand? Is it balanced?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessey
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
I also purchased this and do not know what to do with it!
badge
I purchased this and do not know what to do with it!
mbmbmbmbmb
hithwen wrote:
Haven't played with any of the single person teams yet but how does that work given that you cannot defend your own spot with attacks, you cannot attack twice same spot and you have less cards in hand? Is it balanced?

As the game designer, I will assert that it is! Solo Bender actions were designed with these challenges in mind. They tend to have ample blocks and movement to compensate for being unable to hit their own space.

Each solo bender is unique in their style, and has a slightly different approach to defense. That said, tricks are also an important part of the equation.

All I can really say is, give them a try, you'll see
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Kopelman
United States
New York
flag msg tools
It also depends on the bender (slightly).
For example, about half of Avatar Korra's technique cards when played you choose earth/water/fire, meaning with a small exception you can place two different element token types down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Korsberg
United States
University Heights
OH
flag msg tools
mb
I've played as P'li and I've seen Avatar Korra played. I can say both are very powerful and can handle themselves just fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.