Thumb up
1 Posts

Scream Machine» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Aaarrgh! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Mackie
flag msg tools
Sorry- the description here is rather more prosaic than the heading above might imply. Players are fairground and fun-park managers, attempting to lure customers to their particular combination of exhibits.

Exhibit cards have a value of 1, 3, or 5, and an icon to indicate their type (eg., thrill rides, water, childrens’, vintage, food, etc.). New customer cards appear each round, carrying one of those icons to indicate what exhibit type they’re interested in. Some customers are ‘local’, in that they are dealt out to the spaces between each adjacent pair of players (as opposed to being ‘common’ and accessible by all players). After all players have had one round of gaining new attraction cards and building, the customers are allocated to those players with the highest value of their attraction type. Each allocated customer is worth one point on the vp track.

There is one unique customer type called the ‘cheapskate’, who goes to the player with the lowest overall value of attractions. Alex called this ‘Piss Weak World’, and succeeded in capturing this market a few times…

The game worked well from my point of view - I held the lead by a four or five point margin for much of the game! But this collapsed almost completely when competition from Brad and Richard cut my customers to a single point in the final turn. However, all players are largely at the mercy of the attraction cards that become available at the start of their turn, so luck is not an insignificant factor in this game.
12 mins rules; 37 mins game time.
Results: Paul (white): 26. Pat (blue): 25. Richard (red): 23. Alex (yellow): 22. Brian (green): 12. Brad (black): 11.

(Originally posted in The Mine Shaft Gap. Pic by Mijjy.)
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.