GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,610 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Spirit Island: Branch & Claw» Forums » General

Subject: question about adding more Dahan to the map rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
M.W. T.
New Zealand
Nelson
flag msg tools
I just got Spirit Island a week ago, and have been playing through each spirit in solo games all week long. I've noticed that there seems to be only two cards in the whole game that add new Dahan to the map - one of River's unique starter cards, and a power card that replaces an explorer with a Dahan. So my question is: are there more such cards in the expansion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
toeknee n
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NerwenGreen wrote:
I just got Spirit Island a week ago, and have been playing through each spirit in solo games all week long. I've noticed that there seems to be only two cards in the whole game that add new Dahan to the map - one of River's unique starter cards, and a power card that replaces an explorer with a Dahan. So my question is: are there more such cards in the expansion?

There are a few more cards in the expansion; however, adding Dahan should be a rare occurrence as it increases the value of protecting the few with which you begin the game. Having their numbers relatively low adds a lot of strategic depth to the game. We find ourselves caring about them more because there are so few of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Simone [The Quasi Geek Dad]
United States
Redmond
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is the list of cards that will add Dahan to the Map:

Base Game:

River's Bounty: (River Surges in Sunlight's Starting power) Slow. Range 0. Target Land Any. Gather up to 2 Dahan. If there are now at least 2 Dahan add 1 Dahan and gain 1 Energy

Call of the Dahan Ways: (Minor Power) Slow. Range 1. Target Land with Dahan. Replace 1 Explorer with 1 Dahan. If you have 2 Moon You may instead replace 1 Town with 1 Dahan.

Branch and Claw Expansion:

Cycles of Time and Tide: (Minor Power) Fast. Range 1. Target Land Costal. If there are Dahan add 1 Dahan. If there are no Dahan, remove 1 Blight.

****That is it in terms of Power cards. Event Cards can add Dahan. I will outline them below, only giving the text of the "Dahan Event" part of the event card. It is the last step of each event card.****

Coming of Age: On Each Board: Add 1 Dahan to a Jungle or Wetland with Dahan.

Coming of Age: On Each Board: Add 1 Dahan to a Mountain or Sands with Dahan

Coming of Age: On Each Board: Add 1 Dahan to a Coastal Land with Dahan

Coming of Age: On Each Board: Add 1 Dahan to an Inland land with Dahan.

-----So to answer your question: There is not much more available in the expansion that will add Dahan to the map. So it's your responsibility as a benevolent spirit to protect your Dahan allies and drive off the filthy invading scum. (Even though sometimes sacrifices must be made.... ninja )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.W. T.
New Zealand
Nelson
flag msg tools
Thanks for the thorough answer.

I guess I just need to be more careful about not letting them get killed off. :|
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redmond
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NerwenGreen wrote:
Thanks for the thorough answer.

I guess I just need to be more careful about not letting them get killed off. :|

No problem. Any excuse to break the game out and enjoy how wonderful this game is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabian
Switzerland
Bern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The expansion will have you add Dahan from event cards as well if you satisfy certain conditions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redmond
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zlarp wrote:
The expansion will have you add Dahan from event cards as well if you satisfy certain conditions

If only someone posted the events and cards that add Dahan to the map.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.