GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,804 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Michael Strogoff» Forums » Rules

Subject: Discards and hand limit question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Grant F.
msg tools
If at some point in the game you draw more cards than your hand limit, what is the proper procedure for discarding?

Do you look at the new cards and then discard whichever cards you have to get to the limit?

For example during rest I can draw 4 cards and I currently have 6. Limit is 7, so do I just draw one card, or can I draw the rest and discard whichever one I want including my hand? We played it this way.

Alternatively we can draw and only discard only what we draw and not from the hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Soto
Spain
Santander
Cantabria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
www.pedrosoto.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 4 of rulebook: "If at any time of their turn a player receives cards above their hand limit they must immediately discard the excess number of cards"

Rest allow take the action of Draw Cards twice (one after one):
1.- If you have six card you draw 2 cards to your hand and discard 1 card.
2.- You have now2 7 cards. If you repeat the action, you draw 2 cards and discard 2 cards of your hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant F.
msg tools
randast wrote:
Page 4 of rulebook: "If at any time of their turn a player receives cards above their hand limit they must immediately discard the excess number of cards"

Rest allow take the action of Draw Cards twice (one after one):
1.- If you have six card you draw 2 cards to your hand and discard 1 card.
2.- You have now2 7 cards. If you repeat the action, you draw 2 cards and discard 2 cards of your hand.

Ok, thanks. This gives players more options than just taking cards up to the limit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.