GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,436 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Unbroken» Forums » Rules

Subject: Armored condition / wound effect (print and play) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: printAndPlay [+] beta [+] [View All]
Rebecca/Greg Strang/Principato
United States
Naperville
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Armorered condition states “Ignore the next 2 wound effects you would suffer.” I assume this too only apply to loss of small effort.

Is that correct? If not, what is a wound effect in the context of the player?

How does this condition interact with the “reduce” effect?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Wound refers to the effect of a monster's dice roll. Ignore those that are called "Wound". Works the same for effects that protect you from "Daze" or "Disarm"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artem Safarov
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Check out Unbroken: solo game of survival and revenge.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's take the Bugbear monster as an example.

His combat actions on rolls 2 or 3 result in Wound effects - these can be ignored using the Armored condition.

It would not work on rolls of 4,5 or 6 (note that #6 would result in a Daze effect that does reduce a Large effort to Medium)

Hope this clarifies.

Raz, thanks for jumping in - your response is also correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rebecca/Greg Strang/Principato
United States
Naperville
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you both! I did not connect the wound keyword on the monster attack with the keyword on the condition. That was an oversight on my part which is incredibly obvious now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Mnt
Romania
flag msg tools
I'm a bit confused about the Bugbear's special. Does it refer to the player inflicting one less wound under 4 hp or does it refer to the monster doing 1 less wound under dice roll of 4? Either one of the 2 above, or I got this completely wrong...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Schwartz
United States
Jackson
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
www.therulesforge.com
badge
Get your slimy, webbed phalanges off ma boots!
mbmbmbmbmb
DraWithPixels wrote:
I'm a bit confused about the Bugbear's special. Does it refer to the player inflicting one less wound under 4 hp or does it refer to the monster doing 1 less wound under dice roll of 4? Either one of the 2 above, or I got this completely wrong...

It refers to your attacks, not the Bugbear's. Each of your attacks has a given "power," based on which weapon you are using. Bugbear is a stout fella, so if you're attacking him and your power is only 1–3, your attack inflicts 1 less wound than normal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FreedomGunfire wrote:
DraWithPixels wrote:

It refers to your attacks, not the Bugbear's. Each of your attacks has a given "power," based on which weapon you are using. Bugbear is a stout fella, so if you're attacking him and your power is only 1–3, your attack inflicts 1 less wound than normal.

That is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Mnt
Romania
flag msg tools
Razoupaf wrote:
FreedomGunfire wrote:
DraWithPixels wrote:

That is correct.

So I attacked him with a knife, using 1 small effort, for 1 wound...I assume that would be a miss. Oh well, guess I`m dead then

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DraWithPixels wrote:
Razoupaf wrote:
FreedomGunfire wrote:
DraWithPixels wrote:

That is correct.

So I attacked him with a knife, using 1 small effort, for 1 wound...I assume that would be a miss. Oh well, guess I`m dead then

Your splattered brains look good as a decoration on bugbear's hut's wall.
I hope you'll find solace in that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.