Subject: Are these the differences between this and the KoNY Power Up rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Max Maximus
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KoT has the Panda character and power up cards.

This expansion has all of the KoT power up cards as well as New York and the Shark instead of the panda.

I'm looking at buying the expansion for someone for thier KoT and cant really see any reason to buy it over this as they are the same price and this contains a lot more that i could potentially gift to someone.

Thanks

Max

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Are these the differences between this and the KoT Power Up
KoT Power Up has cards for KoT monsters. 1 set to use when playing KoT.

KoNY Power Up has cards for KoNY monsters. 2 sets, 1 to use when playing KoT and 1 to use when playing KoNY.

Essentially, if the person you are buying for doesn't have KoNY, you want to get KoT PU.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Are these the differences between this and the KoT Power Up
Kingtreelo wrote:
KoT has the Panda character and power up cards.

This expansion has all of the KoT power up cards as well as New York and the Shark instead.

??
Your post is a little garbled. So to clarify:
You say "This expansion", but posted in the KoTOKYO Power Up forum, so I have to assume that "This Expansion" means the NEW YORK Power Up.

The TOKYO Power Up content is for the TOKYO monsters to use in TOKYO (9 sets in 2nd). Although if you don't care about matching names, it can be for any monsters in TOKYO. (Note: you'll probably want to get 2nd edition if possible, it is strictly better than 1st)

The NEW YORK Power Up has two sets of Evolutions for the NEW York monsters, one set for use in TOKYO the other for use in NEW YORK (7 sets for each).
Again, if you don't care about matching names, you can use them with any monsters.

There is no duplicated content between the Power Ups, all Evolution sets are unique for their monster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maximus
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies, i have ammended the title of the thread as it was mistyped.

Ok, that sort of answers my question thanks grarrrg

I was under the impression that the KoNW power up contained all of the cards in the KoT power up and then some for the New York monsters.

As you have said though, there are no duplicated cards, and New York power up only contains cards for the New York monsters(which i was previously told this was not the case from another source)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.