GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,336 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Photosynthesis» Forums » Rules

Subject: another activated space question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Espinoza
msg tools
so lets say a size 2 tree is in the game, a player can then plant a seed 2 spaces away from that tree, yeah?

okay, now the following happens:
tree _ _, player plants seed in space farthest away from tree, tree _ x

is the space that wasn't planted no longer available for the player, even if another trees line would allow them to plant there?

i wish there was a complete clear explanation of what activated space means in any situation, but i dont think there is, since the rulebook itself only talks about planting seeds and preventing you from comboing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des Lee
Australia
Quakers Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you can still plant a seed there from another tree, as that space wasn't activated. think of it as a "flyover state". You still haven't visited
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rotatorkuf wrote:
is the space that wasn't planted no longer available for the player, even if another trees line would allow them to plant there?

This one sentence from the rules is given in bold:

Planting a seed activates the tree of origin’s space, as well as the space the seed is placed on.

It speaks to two specific spaces and is silent about the ones skipped over, and the ones skpped over are not discussed separately either.
I take that silence as meaning there is nothing special to attend to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rotatorkuf wrote:
i wish there was a complete clear explanation of what activated space means in any situation, but i dont think there is, since the rulebook itself only talks about planting seeds and preventing you from comboing
It may matter which version of the rules you have. This quote is taken from a later version, which may be found in the BGG Files module for this game.

Reminder: All of the above actions, except buying, activate a space on the main board (meaning you cannot act upon it again during your turn). This means that during your turn you cannot, for examle, plant a seed and then grow it, grow a tree and then use it as a point of origin for a seed, use a tree as a point of origin for a seed, or collect a tree and plant a seed in its space.

My own copy of the game did not come with this even though I purchased it later than the date shown on the BGG file entry.

see:
/filepage/152563/photosynthesis-rules-english-2nd-edition
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jone Idsal
Other-Asia
Unspecified
Unspecified
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Photosyntesis Official English FAQ v1.0

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.