GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,574 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » General

Subject: Just Finished Escape from Innsmouth. (Spoilers) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luis Guajardo
Mexico
flag msg tools
Just finished the scenario.I totally loved it.
The plot and ambience was great and immersive.It was a solid scenario IMO,completely different from CoE. Got the best ending I guess...

Played it with 3 investigators in under 4 hours (we like to discuss every aspect of the game).

I personally didnt find the scenario THAT hard. the journal always lets you keep track of how many evidence pieces are missing.
We had trouble at the end because we didnt light the fog lamp and the boat crashed on the dock,but the Mighty Wendy Adams freed the boat in 2 actions.

Feel free to share your experiences with Innsmouth.

Id say the app did a good job of rating the difficulty of this scenario.
The problems with this and other scenarios seems to be the number of players playing it. I feel the game was thought for 4 players. Any less than that and it becomes more difficult, since you still have to cover the entire maps of the scenarios.

Anyways,next on my list is Rising Tide.
Ive heard bad things about this particular scenario. any tips before I plan a game night for this story?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Feffe Aldritch
Sweden
flag msg tools
mb
It´s a tough scenario. We partly won one can say with 4 investigators.
The mistake we did was not to gather all at the dock before the boat went at sea. Only one investigator manage to catch the boat the rest were eliminated.
The idea was to spread out in two Groups to find as many intel as possible, and find the agent.
It was not a total defeat in the end after all

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Taylor
Switzerland
Uster
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also thought it was a great story, tension building.. but.. we played fire wrong... Spoiled it a bit for us, need to go back to it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We've played this one several times, but every time has been some kind of loss or incomplete victory.

Spoiler (click to reveal)

1. First attempt, we managed to crash the boat onto the docks, and all of us got on the boat, only to discover that the captain wouldn't leave without Agent Craven, and we had to send someone back to the Library to go get him. We died before anyone could get back to the Library in time.
2. Second attempt, we did remember to have someone go "get" Craven, but didn't realize he would slowly walk towards the boat instead of just "teleport" there. Ultimately Craven or someone trying to protect him got defeated by monsters on the beach.
3. Third attempt, we managed to actually do everything "right" (light the lantern, ring the bell, get Craven, etc.) but apparently we didn't collect enough evidence.

Even after knowing exactly what needs to be done, and in what order, we still have a hard time with this scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.