GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,567 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
13 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Invaders from Dimension X!» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rally with multiple adjacent alien units rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kathrin
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mb
I have a Marine unit that is adjacent to two alien units (and not adjacent to any other units). Is my die roll modifier for the Rally action -1 or -2?

Game Rules wrote:
4) Rally: All types of units may attempt to Rally. A Rally action allows a “Stunned” or “Paralyzed” unit to attempt to remove/downgrade that marker. Roll one die for each such unit – on a roll of “5” or more, remove the “Stunned” marker or flip the “Paralyzed” marker over to its “Stunned” side. Add two to the die roll (+2) if an Active Logistics unit is adjacent to the Rallying unit. Add one to the die roll (+1) if the Rallying unit is adjacent to an Active HQ unit. Subtract one from the die roll (-1) if the unit is adjacent to any Active alien unit(s). These die roll modifiers are cumulative.

The "adjacent to any Active alien unit(s)." part makes me think that I only subtract 1 once, no matter how many adjacent active alien units. But the rules also say that these die roll modifiers are cumulative, but it probably just means cumulative in the sense that different types of roll modifiers (Logistics, HQ, active alien unit) add up.

I hope it is only -1, otherwise my poor Scout will have to wait until those pesky Kay'otz next to him decide to jump elsewhere...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Kathrin! Yes - only one "-1" applies. The cumulative part refers to the different cases.

Thanks and hope you're enjoying the game.

Herm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathrin
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the quick reply, Hermann!

Yes, I'm enjoying the crazy Kay'otz chaos. I'm only halfway into my first game, though. Picked it up on adm1's recommendation. Not my usual genre, so I'm playing sloooow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome - if you have any more questions, just let me know.
All the best,

Herm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.