GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,090 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG Bugs

Subject: Page not displaying properly rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lina S
Sweden
Skaraborg
flag msg tools
I tried and failed to find a thread for this bug, but due to the nature of the bug itself it was kind of hard. If I've missed one, please refer me to it.

I can't get any page to display properly. I haven't done any web design on this side of the millennium, but it looks like to me that a stylesheet or similar isn't loading properly. The main page and forum pages look distorted, with no images loading and the menus displayed at the top of the page and the content below. The game pages won't load at all, they just show a button labeled "Feedback" on top and the text "Advertisement" below. I've tried this using three different Android devices and one PC (both with Chrome and Firefox) and I get the same error, except that the main page loads partially correct in the PC.

I'd like to to post pics of what the page looks like to me but I'm either not allowed or the links for it aren't loading properly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is some software of yours (browser, plugin, firewall, etc) blocking geekdo-static.com or perhaps some other domain needed by BGG pages?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lina S
Sweden
Skaraborg
flag msg tools
Probably not, since I'm running a clean browser install on at least one of my devices, and I experience the same problem connecting from at least two different, unrelated networks. The problem also seems to be intermittent, except for the blank game pages which I haven't been able to see for weeks...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karp
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
admin
Developin' Developin" Developin!!
badge
100 geekgold for OverText, and all I got was this stupid sentence.
mbmbmb
Do you have some security software blocking the domain cf.geekdo-static.com? It sounds like you aren't able to get anything from our static content domain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lina S
Sweden
Skaraborg
flag msg tools
Nope. And today everything seems to be working fine. I haven't made any changes anywhere. Oh well...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.