GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,778 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

The Thing: Infection at Outpost 31» Forums » General

Subject: Intrigued but do you need more than 4 players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Meyers
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am intrigued by this game; however, I am concerned about some reviews stating that in order to have a great game you need to have 5, 6 or even seven players.

I am more likely to get three or four players to play rather than 5 or 6 or seven.

Has someone come up with a variant or fix which allows a great game with only four players; which is the number our group usually Can muster for a game?

Or is my premise incorrect?

Can you have a great game with four?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Swift
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The game works best with 6-8 players. There are some suggestions in the Variants forum for tweaking it with lower player counts, so have a look at those.

If you're unlikely to get at least 6 players I think you'd be better off with either Dark Moon or Dead Of Winter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Storm
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The best modifications and variants I've seen use all 12 characters, so even a solo game is possible. After watching the film so many times, I can't see ever playing without all the characters - biggest game design flaw IMO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.