GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,485 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
24 Posts

Dinosaur Island» Forums » Crowdfunding

Subject: KS Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike B
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I missed the first kickstarter, but I am a little confused by this KS.

there is a expansion and a 2 player game?

also, the $85 levels says it includes the base game?

Has the base game changed with this KS compared to the one in retail now?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Brooks
United States
Katy
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
$85 reward is the base game. It is different from retail in that it is comparable to the Deluxe edition offered in the first KS campaign. If you have the retail base game, I doubt you should be interested in the $85 level.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike B
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Frisches wrote:
$85 reward is the base game. It is different from retail in that it is comparable to the Deluxe edition offered in the first KS campaign. If you have the retail base game, I doubt you should be interested in the $85 level.

I don't have the game at all
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Wang
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xsabrewulf wrote:
Frisches wrote:

The only difference between the original ks deluxe edition and the new ks extreme edition, is that the boxes (box art) will be different, the new game doesnt have the pogs, and the new metal coins are thinner and less weighty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bennett
United Kingdom
Par
Cornwall
flag msg tools
badge
Onen Hag Oll
mbmbmbmbmb
The KS page isn't the clearest, not helped by the confusion of the rebranding of the deluxe version to the X-Treme version.

Basically it's this: (all versions are "X-Treme")
US$35 - 2 Player Game
US$45 - Expansion (to Original Base Game)
US$70 - Expansion + 2 Player Game
US$85 - Original Base Game
US$110 - Original Base Game + 2 Player Game
US$120 - Original Base Game + Expansion
US$150 - Original Base Game + Expansion + 2 Player Game

Although as Tony says, the coins are slightly different. Nothing missing gameplay wise though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddy Nehwon
United States
Worcester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are 3 things being offered during this Kickstarter in various combinations.

Dinosaur Island - The base game with a KS deluxified edition.
Dinosaur Island: Totally Liquid - A Dinosaur Island expansion
Duelosaur Island - A brand new 2 player game set in the the Dinosaur Island universe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike B
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Any word on if the board is different between the one in retail now and the X-treme? is the base game a version a second edition?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bennett
United Kingdom
Par
Cornwall
flag msg tools
badge
Onen Hag Oll
mbmbmbmbmb
xsabrewulf wrote:
Any word on if the board is different between the one in retail now and the X-treme? is the base game a version a second edition?

The only thing I can see changing in the new edition is correcting the upgrades tile placement icon on the Phase 2 Market board. Nothing else was wrong unless I missed something?
The only differences between the version being offered now and the one currently in retail is all the deluxe components, coins, extra meeples, purple die/plot twists etc. The main components were all the same between versions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathias G.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kickflic wrote:
xsabrewulf wrote:
Frisches wrote:

The only difference between the original ks deluxe edition and the new ks extreme edition, is that the boxes (box art) will be different, the new game doesnt have the pogs, and the new metal coins are thinner and less weighty.

I was told there ain't no new box art in the original kickstarter campaign comments. But they are ignoring all other complaints/questions whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Wang
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cRuEllY wrote:
Kickflic wrote:
xsabrewulf wrote:
Frisches wrote:

I was told there ain't no new box art in the original kickstarter campaign comments. But they are ignoring all other complaints/questions whistle

Oh sorry. Maybe there isnt new art? I thought i read somewhere that it was a different box cover. But youre probably right. Apologies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Moss
United States
Bryan
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Kickflic wrote:
cRuEllY wrote:
Kickflic wrote:
xsabrewulf wrote:
Frisches wrote:

Oh sorry. Maybe there isnt new art? I thought i read somewhere that it was a different box cover. But youre probably right. Apologies.

The new box art will be the same except it will have "X-Treme Edition" on it instead of "Deluxe Edition" like the original KS version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathias G.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kickflic wrote:

No need to apologise. I also thought there would be a new box art. The campaign page just isn't clear on the new stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Did the publisher ever confirm if all the exclusive stretch goals were included in this new version?

I saw this:
Quote:
For the base game, that means bringing back almost all of the stretch goals from Dinosaur Island 1.0.

Almost all..so what stretch goals from 1.0 aren't included in this new one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JonnyRotten
United States
Montpelier
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
belial1134 wrote:
Did the publisher ever confirm if all the exclusive stretch goals were included in this new version?

I saw this:
Quote:
For the base game, that means bringing back almost all of the stretch goals from Dinosaur Island 1.0.

Pogs
Extra thick metal coins
Embossed and Spot UV box
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
jgilmour wrote:
belial1134 wrote:

I saw this:
Quote:

Pogs
Extra thick metal coins
Embossed and Spot UV box

Thanks.

Glad to see the deluxe exclusive plot twist cards are included in this new version

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Miller
United States
Logan
UT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

The pogs had no in-game use, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bennett
United Kingdom
Par
Cornwall
flag msg tools
badge
Onen Hag Oll
mbmbmbmbmb
galaxybear wrote:

None at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Miller
United States
Logan
UT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Cool, thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Did they say if the rulebook is getting revised and incorporating the FAQ? Or is it the same rulebook from the 1st edition?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Bat
United States
Dallas
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What about all the new stretch goals? If you have the original KS, and only add on the expansion, would you get all the new stretch goals?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lewis
United States
Bath
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
batman15 wrote:
What about all the new stretch goals? If you have the original KS, and only add on the expansion, would you get all the new stretch goals?

With all the stretch goals you will see a symbol in the bar to the left. It will either be a symbol for Totally Liquid or Duelasaur. Those stretch goals will be included in each respective copy of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Chambers

Toledo
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
galaxybear wrote:

FTFY
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
platypus
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
DavoB wrote:
The KS page isn't the clearest, not helped by the confusion of the rebranding of the deluxe version to the X-Treme version.

US$35 - 2 Player Game

Although as Tony says, the coins are slightly different. Nothing missing gameplay wise though.

I have a question regarding the pledge levels.
The $85's one description lists stuffs after the
"1 copy Dinosaur Island: X-treme Edition"

All of those are not listed in higher rewards. won't those be present? The FAQ seems to state that those items are actually contained in the Xtreme edition of the game

Thanks for your help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam K.
United States
Imperial
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmb
platypus51 wrote:
DavoB wrote:

US$35 - 2 Player Game

I have a question regarding the pledge levels.
The $85's one description lists stuffs after the
"1 copy Dinosaur Island: X-treme Edition"

All of those are not listed in higher rewards. won't those be present? The FAQ seems to state that those items are actually contained in the Xtreme edition of the game

Thanks for your help

There are no new stretch goals for the base game. But you will get all of the stretch goals from the original campaign except you won't get the pogs and you'll get and thinner (arguably better) coins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.