GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,933 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Deep Space D-6» Forums » General

Subject: February KS update rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Hammer
United States
Durham
NC
flag msg tools
GLORBUS
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey can someone post the Feb. 28th update from the reissue Kickstarter campaign? I came in as a pre-order and cannot see it since it is backers only.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
https://ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/020/396/870/771685264ea2f61...

This is just the schedule from it, there was more. But nothing important.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Roby
United States
Ballston Spa
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

To go along with the above update.

This is an update on the progress:

A: This was just a clean sweep of all the original files to ensure all the assets were embedded properly. The first time I printed the game, everything was WYSIWYG. Some first edition owners might even notice places where some objects were misaligned by 1 or 2 harmless pixels. Those are mostly gone now. The crisis for me is: how much can I change these components before there is an expectation for first edition backers to demand a whole new set of components. That is my big fear. I hate when companies use their customers as "beta testers" and the 2nd, 3rd of even 4th printing the the strictly superior version while owners of the 1st are left with an incomplete copy. I've been on both sides. I realize the irony in that, in the end, it will be that I've chosen bad communication and the loss of trust over trying to keep my original backers happy. I get that. I know it sounds crazy, but you know, when you're in the moment making those decision, it seems perfectly natural. Whats left: color matching icons, laying out cards for new card template.

B: I've done and redone the artwork a couple of times. This is where most of the time was spent. I know it shouldn't have taken this long. If you'll accept it, I will say it was mostly personally. Whats left: the 6 final encounter cards are being redone.

C: Everyone is getting stickers! I love stickers. I put them on all my stuff. It's an inelegant way to fix a rulebook but it's happening, and it took more time than I realized. Whats left: There are two sheets, only 1 needs layout and fixed die cut lines.

D: Constant changes I've made to the rulebook as I continue to look at it. Some of the onging concerns are: Does the rulebook assume familiarity with the base game. Just how many individual rule clarifications do we need based on feedback from the first rulebook. Whats left: Wording, boss encounter explanation.

Now none of these things should have taken me as long as it has. I'm not disagreeing with any of that. This post was not to talk about excuses, but to answer some of the reoccurring questions coming up in the comments about what specifically was being worked on and what is left. Everything left is less than a few days work at this time.

I do not want to commit to a timeline, but if I had to I am aiming for May 2018 for the first copies to get to anyone. I have my correspondent waiting to let me know when the factory will be ready to receive the new files now that we've cleared the Chinese New Year. At that point I will submit the files, they'll do the final approval, begin printing, some international copies will be fulfilled, the rest will boat over to the US, land in a distribution center, and be mailed out.

Some people are also requesting to see the actual files so I've posted images below. If you don't want anything spoiled for you, don't look, otherwise you can continue scrolling below.

-Tony
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Hammer
United States
Durham
NC
flag msg tools
GLORBUS
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome, thanks both of you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Does anyone know when the backer kit will close and charge people? I missed the KS, so had a mate who got in on the KS add an extra pledge for me (a few months ago), but he hasn't seen any credit card charge for this extra pledge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.