GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,496 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
13 Days Left

Support:

Vinny ExR
Brazil
flag msg tools
mb
Not sure if this is possible but in Conan, the community has created great scenarios using the game mechanics in very original ways.

Would be nice to see what notorious games designers (to be decided) would come up with by writing new scenarios for Batman.

Anyway, just a suggestion from a backer
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Chambers
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
keydash wrote:
Not sure if this is possible but in Conan, the community has created great scenarios using the game mechanics in very original ways.

Would be nice to see what notorious games designers (to be decided) would come up with by writing new scenarios for Batman.

Anyway, just a suggestion from a backer


I'd be all about this
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvin Lo
msg tools
mbmb
bubblepipemedia wrote:
keydash wrote:
Not sure if this is possible but in Conan, the community has created great scenarios using the game mechanics in very original ways.

Would be nice to see what notorious games designers (to be decided) would come up with by writing new scenarios for Batman.

Anyway, just a suggestion from a backer


I'd be all about this


If I have a choice of scenario or miniature/upgrade-components for SG, I would prefer miniature/upgrade-components. Scenario can be added later here in BBG or their overlord site.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vinny ExR
Brazil
flag msg tools
mb
alvinltlo wrote:
bubblepipemedia wrote:
keydash wrote:
Not sure if this is possible but in Conan, the community has created great scenarios using the game mechanics in very original ways.

Would be nice to see what notorious games designers (to be decided) would come up with by writing new scenarios for Batman.

Anyway, just a suggestion from a backer


I'd be all about this


If I have a choice of scenario or miniature/upgrade-components for SG, I would prefer miniature/upgrade-components. Scenario can be added later here in BBG or their overlord site.


I’m a backer from the first Conan KS and IMO new minis doesn’t mean much. I have plenty of minis from SGs that I’ve never used and probably never will, unfortunately.

Scenarios on the other hand are what brings the game to the table. Please, note that I’m not disagreeing with you but just pointing out that cool well designed scenarios are as important as new minis/upgraded components.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
keydash wrote:

I’m a backer from the first Conan KS and IMO new minis doesn’t mean much. I have plenty of minis from SGs that I’ve never used and probably never will, unfortunately.


Supposedly this is one of the things they're fixing with Batman. All the minis have a place and are used somewhere.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
keydash wrote:
Not sure if this is possible but in Conan, the community has created great scenarios using the game mechanics in very original ways.

Would be nice to see what notorious games designers (to be decided) would come up with by writing new scenarios for Batman.

Anyway, just a suggestion from a backer


This would be cool and it actually is something they did with Conan. They got famous designers to work on the expansions. Croc and Sippik worked on Nordheim, Bruno Cathala did Stygia, and Antoine Bauza and Ludovic Maublanc did Khitai.

I suspect, though, that this may be harder to pull off then it might seem. As originally advertised the three Conan expansions were supposed to have had those designers doing all the scenarios for their particular expansion. As delivered in reality, though, that's not actually what happened. All of the Nordheim scenarios are designed by Croc and Sippik but Stygia and Khitai ended up having only half the scenarios designed by those advertised designers. No explanation was ever given. I just assume they had scheduling conflicts and what they were able to get may have already contributed to the long delays.

Long story short, it's great idea, but it sounds like they have a firm timeline they want to stick to.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sithrak - The god who hates you unconditionally
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
While I agree that this would be nice, I just don't see how they could get a real, firm commitment from unaligned (and presumably busy) designers in the time left for the campaign. If their connections with these designers were so good they could just nail down a collaboration deal in a half hour Skype conversation, they'd have already done it.

If it's not an already-planned-but-unrevealed stretch goal, I don't think it's gonna happen in this campaign. That doesn't necessarily mean it can't happen in an extra scenario book campaign (There is precedent, after all), assuming they can hold on to the license long enough.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.