GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,487 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Cat'astrophes» Forums » Crowdfunding

Subject: SEATTLE AREA / ENGLISH group buy rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jerry
United States
Graham
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cat'astrophes

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hellioncat/catastrophes

I don't know if there is much 'game' in this but the art is "really cute" (according to the kids). Cute enough they wanted me to get a copy. So I looked it over. Okay, I can swing $17 for a card game. I backed and the $17 jumped to $42 after shipping was adding. Lots of complaints on the KS but in the end the creator could not reduce shipping. The only thing he is willing to do is reduce shipping for bundles. Well, I don't need a bunch of copies so I thought I'd see if anyone near me would like to jump in to get the best prices. I limited to Seattle area so I wouldn't have to charge a second shipping to mail them all over the country. But, if you aren't local and really want one and are willing to pay the shipping from them to me and me to you then, by all means, let me know.

Anyway, enough yapping. Here are the numbers. I think I got them right but feel free to correct me.

Twelve pack would be great. I might already have a few interested so might only need an additional 9-10 people. Interested parties will have to get me the buckaroos by Apr 6, a two day stress-relieving buffer before end of KS. Once the games get to me in June 2018 (I'll believe that when I see it) we can set up a meeting place where I can get you your game. Obviously, I'm not responsible for any shenanigans or failings of the KS. Sometimes they don't work out and you get nothing (right Fooden?), but you know that.

So, let me know. If I can't get 12 I'll drop out of the KS and we'll just have to be happy exploding or blending some kittens.

ADDITION:
I should note that all the US prices are approx. and fluctuate almost daily.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess now you know how it feels backing a KS for EU backers whistle

Good luck with your bundle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry
United States
Graham
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
I guess now you know how it feels backing a KS for EU backers whistle

Good luck with your bundle

Yep, I don't know how you all do it. I wouldn't be backing anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince
Belgium
Aarschot
flag msg tools
Did the creator talk about VAT already? It is a project from Belgium so I guess the VAT is included (21%). As a non-European VAT doesn't apply to you so the creator does not need to pay the 21% on your copy/copies so he could give you that discount. Might not be much but everything helps I guess. (It might also be applicable to the shipping fee?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I'm currently backing for 2 at the early bird level. If you get enough people, I'd be in for 3 copies. Geekmail me if you do and I will drop my pledge. If you don't and want me to add another one to my pledge for you, let me know (It'd be 19 euros including shipping as I'd go for 4 copies at that point). FYI, you can do up to 6 at the early bird level for the same 20 euros shipping, so you might want to update the 4 and 6 pack levels in your chart. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry
United States
Graham
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mmpoole wrote:
Hi, I'm currently backing for 2 at the early bird level. If you get enough people, I'd be in for 3 copies. Geekmail me if you do and I will drop my pledge. If you don't and want me to add another one to my pledge for you, let me know (It'd be 19 euros including shipping as I'd go for 4 copies at that point). FYI, you can do up to 6 at the early bird level for the same 20 euros shipping, so you might want to update the 4 and 6 pack levels in your chart. Thanks!

Ahhh. I missed that you could add up to 6 early birds. Ok, chart updated. Thanks! Clearly there are only a few ways to go (red arrows). Anyone who goes with a single or one of the 4/6 packs over just grabbing an early bird (3 days left) and adding singles is nuts

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.