GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,455 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
13 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Limes» Forums » General

Subject: Anybody made an app to score this game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Laura Creighton
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Turns out that 10 children can indeed all play the game at the same time, given sufficient tilesets and meeples. But now we need simultaneous scoring to go with the simultaneous playing ....

It wouldn't be a hard app to write, just wondered if anybody has already done so?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ori Avtalion
Israel
flag msg tools
I made a web-page to play the game, which includes scoring, but you have to play it there too: Online version of LIMES

Are you thinking of something that can take a picture and score it, like New RFTG scorer for Android phones?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Miller
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
lacreighton wrote:
Turns out that 10 children can indeed all play the game at the same time, given sufficient tilesets and meeples. But now we need simultaneous scoring to go with the simultaneous playing ....

It wouldn't be a hard app to write, just wondered if anybody has already done so?

I use a stitch counter- I prefer the barrel kind- tens on one side, ones on the other. Have them lay down a meeple and score it. Then move to the next one and add it in.

Or if you have enough 10 sided dice, just have them score with those.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Creighton
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stitch counter --- google google google, ah, I had no idea this thing existed. Hmmm. The problem is that the kids are getting incorrect answers when scoring their tableaux. This may be because they are at an age where simple addition is a new skill, in which case maybe the counter would eliminate that problem. The problem of people challenging other people's scores would remain.

Take picture and score it. Hmmm. That would be a lot more work. But now I am excited about this idea. Would let me learn a new graphics library, too .... Grrr, Ori! My life is not exactly short of cool projects I would enjoy doing Ok, do the simple scorer first and add a 'take picture mode' to the list of really cool things I would like to do someday ...

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ori Avtalion
Israel
flag msg tools
That RFTG app is open-source. Just sayin'...
And my web-page is just Javascript, but that's the easy part of the problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martyn F
Sweden
Kungälv
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Designer of board games with a bite...
mbmbmbmbmb
The simplest method of keeping track is to keep counting.

Do not count to 7 for the first meeple and then start over from 0 and add 8 from the next meeple, but continue after 7 with 8, 9, 10, etc. for the second meeple.

Put down each meeple you have counted until there are no more meeples to count.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lone Boardgamer
Lithuania
Vilnius
flag msg tools
Actually, yes, the only downside of his game is lack of score tracker. It could be a simple player board: 4x4 grid in the middle and score tracker as a border. Would gladly buy it as an expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.