GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,741 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Anachrony» Forums » General

Subject: Adding the Chronobot module to a 2 or 3 player game - is it possible rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rathma P.
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I haven't seen this ask or i can't find it in here, but can a 2 or 3 player game add the chronobot module? Has anyone tried it, can't see why not.

It's like Scythe, with it's Automa, you can still incorporate it in a multiplayer. Kinda adds another person to the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jooice ZP
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Chronobot
rathmax wrote:
I haven't seen this ask or i can't find it in here, but can a 2 or 3 player game add the chronobot module? Has anyone tried it, can't see why not.

It's like Scythe, with it's Automa, you can still incorporate it in a multiplayer. Kinda adds another person to the game.

i don't know the answer, but it seems to me that the strategy to beat the bot or to beat other player is quite different.

With other player, have extra actions is great, after the first few actions you don't mind taking your time and doing as many as you want on your board.
With the bot you want to limit your actions, doing too many will allow the bot to make up a whole lot of points himself.

But i would love to be corrected, and told that it works great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jooice wrote:
rathmax wrote:

i don't know the answer, but it seems to me that the strategy to beat the bot or to beat other player is quite different.

With other player, have extra actions is great, after the first few actions you don't mind taking your time and doing as many as you want on your board.
With the bot you want to limit your actions, doing too many will allow the bot to make up a whole lot of points himself.

But i would love to be corrected, and told that it works great.

Yup, this. There is nothing in the rules stopping it, but over the long term the chronobot would totally mob both of you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
also OP can we please have a slightly more descriptive title? This is not the first thread about this, and by this name even more people won't find it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.