GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,031 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Pandemic» Forums » General

Subject: Replacement event cards - binned mine with PL:S1 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Hazelgrave
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When we got PL:S1 from Amazon, the quality of the cards was not great, and the printing on the player deck was off centre, but only on epidemic cards! This meant it soon became very obvious when an epidemic was heading our way. Me being the (questionable) genius that I am, suggested grabbing my player deck from the basegame, and all went well.

Until we completed PL:S1 and the game was ceremoniously given a viking funeral of sorts on the woodburner. Now I had remembered to remove my base game player deck because I'm not an idiot (yes I am). It was only when me and Mrs Emmandi were playing through base Pandemic last night that I realised I had left the Event cards in the PL:S1 box.

Help?!

Z-Man no longer seems to sell replacement decks, and while the cards are available on eBay for $2 the shipping to the UK brings it to a total cost of $20!!

Has anyone got any suggestions of where I could get 5 cards and not have to pay $2 per card!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools

Sorry, but it's probably best to buy a new copy of the game. Otherwise, you run the risk of new replacement cards being easily discernible from your existing cards, e.g. subtle wear and/or colour differences.

So I'd say cut your losses and have some fun with your latest anecdote.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Hazelgrave
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was worried that would be the case James!

blushblushblushblushblushblushblush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tyree
United States
Dayton
Ohio (OH)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I may have old cards from when I replaced a set, but that was because they were wearing. I could see about getting them to you but I suspect James is correct about them giving themselves away by coloration and wear differences.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juzzo Hawkins
Australia
Tatura
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
emmandi wrote:
When we got PL:S1 from Amazon, the quality of the cards was not great, and the printing on the player deck was off centre, but only on epidemic cards!

i think you have fallen victim to a fraudulent copy soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.