GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,268 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Ultimate Werewolf Legacy» Forums » General

Subject: Some questions. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Baker
Canada
Orillia
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First my main concern about Werewolf Legacy is I'm buying a legacy game that I'm not going to even be able to get to play because I will have to moderate it. My solution to that problem is I plan on trying to run the game for extra life (have the people playing the campaign make a donation to extra life to have a spot in the campaign) and play the whole campaign in one day.

Would it be possible/ideal to play through the entire campaign in 24 hours?

How difficult will the later games rules be? (I currently run Werewolf with a mix of non-gamers and gamers. The non gamers love werewolf but have a hard time with non-traditional roles. Would the non-gamers have difficulty with the game)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
I love this question. I don't think I'd try the entire campaign at our Extra-Life event, but if Chapters would work okay, I'd perhaps do one of those.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phoebe Wild
Australia
South Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
publisher
Cardboard Vault Reviews!
badge
mbmbmbmb
Hi Scott!

Elderak wrote:
Would it be possible/ideal to play through the entire campaign in 24 hours?

As each game is about 60 minutes (days are run with a timer to keep them a reasonable length), that's 16 hours of game sessions, with another hour or so of various interlude/in between chapter activities, some set up time between chapters for the moderator, and breaks for everyone involved, it would be technically possible....but probably not recommended unless you have a group of very dedicated players.

You could moderate the entire thing, but the game was designed to allow different moderators to moderate different chapters (each chapter is 3 games), and we've had absolute novices/non gamers moderate without any issues...the game holds the hand of the moderator to ensure it's a smooth game for everyone involved. So you could play some chapters and moderate others.

Quote:
How difficult will the later games rules be? (I currently run Werewolf with a mix of non-gamers and gamers. The non gamers love werewolf but have a hard time with non-traditional roles. Would the non-gamers have difficulty with the game)

Ultimate Werewolf Legacy was designed to be playable (and moderated) by anyone regardless of experience. The later games have a little more going on than the initial games, but not to the extent where an experienced player will have an edge on a newbie (in terms of knowing the UWL rules...if they are experienced and good at social deduction games, that's a different thing). If you already have non-gamers playing werewolf at a basic (not many special roles thrown in) level, your group should do just fine with Ultimate Werewolf Legacy.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any more questions.

-Phoebe Wild
Social Media Manager, Bézier Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.