GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,488 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Heroes of Land, Air & Sea» Forums » Rules

Subject: Moving opposing forces and being the "Attacker" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Real Qwade
msg tools
Per the rulebook:
Quote:
The player who initiates the Battle, called the attacker, immediately gains 1 Point

How does this interact with abilities that move other player's units? If I use my Dwarf Priestess's level 2 ability and pull some enemy Serfs into her location, am I still considered the attacker? Same thing with the Witchdoctor level 1/level 2 abilities?

What about an even more obscure case where I use my Witchdoctor to swap spaces with an opposing Orc army, then use his level 2 ability to move that Orc army into an adjacent space containing a Human army? Are both armies considered to be "defending"? Do I still get the point for starting the battle even if I'm not in it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Hayes
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
Superbowl Champions!
badge
It's an onion.
mbmbmbmbmb
Edit: I was wrong. lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Almes
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
TheRealQwade wrote:
How does this interact with abilities that move other player's units? If I use my Dwarf Priestess's level 2 ability and pull some enemy Serfs into her location, am I still considered the attacker? Same thing with the Witchdoctor level 1/level 2 abilities?

If you cause units to enter your space, you are still considered the initiator of the battle and would get the one point bonus.

TheRealQwade wrote:
What about an even more obscure case where I use my Witchdoctor to swap spaces with an opposing Orc army, then use his level 2 ability to move that Orc army into an adjacent space containing a Human army? Are both armies considered to be "defending"? Do I still get the point for starting the battle even if I'm not in it?

This is certainly an edge case, but I would award the 1 point bonus to the Orc army that you moved into the Human army, since they are the attackers in this scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.