GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,972 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Baseball Highlights: 2045» Forums » General

Subject: How many teams are needed? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John D
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just wondering how many teams people think are necessary to have some replay-ability and variety to get more out of the game? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John D
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For clarification I currently have the super deluxe version of the game + UK and Pan Asia teams.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brodie
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Most of the variety/replayability comes out of the free agent deck. So unless there are any teams that are near and dear to your heart, I'd imagine you'd be fine with what you have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goulette
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brodie17 wrote:
Most of the variety/replayability comes out of the free agent deck. So unless there are any teams that are near and dear to your heart, I'd imagine you'd be fine with what you have.

Honestly? 2 teams. The free agent deck is where the game gets interesting. Not so much the base teams which is mostly flavor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hill
United Kingdom
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's worth looking at Dan King's comparison:
https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/133664/all-starter-teams-...

The other teams are reskins of these 12, which allow you to play someone with the same starting deck as you:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1649181/question-teams-17-2...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, what these guys said. The starting teams only differ in the 5 veterans they have - they all have the same 10 rookies. Much better to get all the free agent expansions than new teams.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John D
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the responses, sounds like I have all I need. Part of the reason I was asking is Funagain's going out of business sale has a few of the team packs (4 teams) available at $10.99 each so I was thinking about getting a couple. So if anyone is interested in getting more teams, that's a cheap option.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Finazzo
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up the extra teams so we could do tournaments with more than four players. However, the game never felt stale with the base four teams.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Blanchard
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
I Wonder If There's Beer On The Sun.
mbmbmbmbmb
I only bought teams which were relevant to the places that I have lived, and to the people who I generally play with. It just so happened that none of them had the same set of veteran players. You don't need to purchase any extras, but I appreciate the verity in a flavory way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United States
flag msg tools
Dino DNA!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah the starting teams/decks are similar enough that I don't feel like it matters unless a particular one is near and dear to you. ...the only expansion team I'd be interested in is Detroit, and they're identical to NY which I already have, so...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.