GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,575 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Maximum Apocalypse» Forums » Rules

Subject: Retrieving Items, Monster Token and Stealth rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Cremers
msg tools
Hello all, I just received the game today and had a great time with a friend going through the first couple of missions. Two questions arose; sorry if these are already answered elsewhere (I did some searching but couldn't find it).

1. If I retrieve an item from the discard pile (e.g. using Spare Parts) and re-equip the item, is it filled with ammo or remain empty if I had emptied it before discarding?

2. The rules mention that you only do a stealth test for a monster token if you have no monsters in front of you. So if you do have a monster in front of you when entering the tile, does the new monster appear or not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bjcremers wrote:
Hello all, I just received the game today and had a great time with a friend going through the first couple of missions. Two questions arose; sorry if these are already answered elsewhere (I did some searching but couldn't find it).

1. If I retrieve an item from the discard pile (e.g. using Spare Parts) and re-equip the item, is it filled with ammo or remain empty if I had emptied it before discarding?

2. The rules mention that you only do a stealth test for a monster token if you have no monsters in front of you. So if you do have a monster in front of you when entering the tile, does the new monster appear or not?

1.) Treat it as a new card that you have just played. If it is a weapon, it will come into to play with full ammunition.

2.) If you have a Monster attached to you and you enter a space with any Monster tokens, immediately draw a Monster card for each token and then discard the tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Cremers
msg tools
Ok, thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rene Soto
msg tools
In a tight spot with Mechanic and no ammo? Use a free action to discard two cards and draw a card. Discard the empty weapon.

Now use Repair to bounce it back to your hand hand, fully reloaded! One more action to put it in play and you have two actions left to shoot with!

Honestly I don't know how she does it, it kind of feels like cheating a bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
renegade619 wrote:
In a tight spot with Mechanic and no ammo? Use a free action to discard two cards and draw a card. Discard the empty weapon.

Now use Repair to bounce it back to your hand hand, fully reloaded! One more action to put it in play and you have two actions left to shoot with!

Honestly I don't know how she does it, it kind of feels like cheating a bit.

Not quite. The free action that lets you discard two character cards to draw one only lets you discard character cards from your hand. You cannot discard equipped cards with that ability. In order to force yourself to discard equipped cards, you'll need to equip more cards so that you go over your equipment limit (4).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.