GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,865 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mb
NNNNNOOOOO!!!

https://www.theverge.com/2018/3/13/17117344/youtube-informat...

How could this effect internet philosophical anarchists, crypto-currency enthusiasts and Annunaki believers?

soblue

What am I going to watch on YouTube now?
Are they going to do the same thing to YEC's?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Brown
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone on Twitter pointed out that it says something interesting about the Internet that the multi-billion-dollar advertising-supported companies need to use a donation-based, volunteer-edited service to provide reliable information.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stuart
United States
Los Alamos
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In principle, this is really a great step forward. Even if it ends up being overdone, a bit, it won't matter.

Scientists who present novel and as-yet-untested conjectures or hypotheses, for instance, often like to summarize the existing view or paradigm before explaining why they think elements of it are wrong and why they think their new approach is correct. Fred Hoyle did that throughout his career, for instance; Narlikar, Hoyle's collaborator, is known for it; in recent years, among those who have tried to appeal to the wider public in their books, Roger Penrose is a quintessential model of this type of integrity.

So, if I present some novel idea of mine on youtube and the youtube editors decide to add something from Wikipedia, I would welcome it -- they'd be helping me do my job.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elias Någonsson
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think there's a quite huge middle ground between "lizard people run the world" and "we can trust the multibillion company is in this for the good of public education and wouldnt abuse it any way it can get away with".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rcbevco wrote:
NNNNNOOOOO!!!

How could this effect internet philosophical anarchists, crypto-currency enthusiasts and EAnnunakiW believers?

soblue

I just found out what this is yesterday by watching some crazy conspiracy theorist on YouTube!!!
honestly, I DID!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mb
killerjoe1962 wrote:
rcbevco wrote:
NNNNNOOOOO!!!

How could this effect internet philosophical anarchists, crypto-currency enthusiasts and EAnnunakiW believers?

soblue

I just found out what this is yesterday by watching some crazy conspiracy theorist on YouTube!!!
honestly, I DID!!!

Oh we used to have an Annunaki enthusiast right here in RSP! Yep the mirror universe Occam's Razorites are posting prodigiously. It's somewhere near Nirvana for me.

Hobby time priorities:
1. Painting miniatures.
2. Playing "real" wargames. None of that memoir '44 crap.
3. Watching conspiracy videos.
4. Playing Euro's.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Metal Undivided, Chaos For All
mbmbmbmbmb
rcbevco wrote:
Oh we used to have an Annunaki enthusiast right here in RSP! Yep the mirror universe Occam's Razorites are posting prodigiously. It's somewhere near Nirvana for me.

Hobby time priorities:
1. Painting miniatures.
4. Playing Euro's.
You are going to want to watch my upcoming Youtube video about how the John Birch society injects mind control aromatics into miniatures paints in order to force people to play strategy war games as training for the coming war against the communist Illuminati. They are even having some of their less capable drones learn logistics by sending them messages to play Euros.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mb
TheChin! wrote:
rcbevco wrote:

Hobby time priorities:
1. Painting miniatures.
4. Playing Euro's.
You are going to want to watch my upcoming Youtube video about how the John Birch society injects mind control aromatics into miniatures paints in order to force people to play strategy war games as training for the coming war against the communist Illuminati. They are even having some of their less capable drones learn logistics by sending them messages to play Euros.

They got me coming and going. Maybe Grandfather Nurgle will appreciate the sweat equity I've put into his Death Guard figures and grand me succor against the machinations of the Birchers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Metal Undivided, Chaos For All
mbmbmbmbmb
rcbevco wrote:
They got me coming and going. Maybe Grandfather Nurgle will appreciate the sweat equity I've put into his Death Guard figures and grand me succor against the machinations of the Birchers.
Some people think that a flu shot is a slap in Nurgle's face, but really, the "inactive" flu strain they are injecting you with? It is actually just dormant, and when the the warp storms come to Terra once again, those sleeping cells will awaken and bestow great gifts on their hosts. Glorious protrusions, pustules and great weeping boils spurting Nurgle's gifts onto all those within reach. Then you will hear the call.. the sweet, discordant, song of Chaos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
YouTube will add information from Wikipedia to videos about popular conspiracy theories to provide alternative viewpoints on controversial subjects, its CEO said today. YouTube CEO Susan Wojcicki said that these text boxes, which the company is calling “information cues,” would begin appearing on conspiracy-related videos within the next couple of weeks.

That means almost every Alex Jones video will have "information cues" I presume. That guy is bonkers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mb
mrspank wrote:
YouTube will add information from Wikipedia to videos about popular conspiracy theories to provide alternative viewpoints on controversial subjects, its CEO said today. YouTube CEO Susan Wojcicki said that these text boxes, which the company is calling “information cues,” would begin appearing on conspiracy-related videos within the next couple of weeks.

That means almost every Alex Jones video will have "information cues" I presume. That guy is bonkers.

Or is he...

ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
rcbevco wrote:
NNNNNOOOOO!!!

How could this effect internet philosophical anarchists, crypto-currency enthusiasts and Annunaki believers?

soblue

I understand from some people who are "in the know" that YouTube's plan is simply another way to identity the heretics and apostates. If one reads one of the pop-up info boxes, even for a second, a special outward-facing scanner in each box will snap a photo of your iris. Then, when the government opens up their "Trump's Finest Re-Education Camps" at various shuttered Toys R'Us (c'mon, you think that timing is coincidental??? Fools!), those whose irises are stored in the scanners' memory banks will be sent to learn how to appreciate the best and greatest president for life the right honorable Donnie ("My Hands lie, my dick isn't that tiny") Teh Trump.

Debunking conspiracy theorists -- how silly!*

*--And if you don't believe that, you are obviously one of the Mole People who will be exterminated when Elvis comes out of hiding to seek his revenge. Fear the Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rcbevco wrote:
mrspank wrote:

Or is he...

ninja

Yes, he is. robot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
mrspank wrote:
rcbevco wrote:
mrspank wrote:
…That guy is bonkers.

Or is he...

ninja

Yes, he is. robot

I'm reminded of my professor in college's opinion of Demosthenes, thought by many to be the greatest ancient Greek orator. That only mans that his speeches were enjoyable and fun to listen to. As that professor remarked, Demosthenes was a great speaker but a raving loon, a crackpot. Based on no real information he denounced Philip of Macedon for the latter's efforts to take over the Greek world. As my prof stated, "He happened by the weirdest stroke of fortune to be essentially correct, but he really could not know that and so remained a crackpot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Khalid Shabazz
United States
NYC
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
mrspank wrote:

Alex Jones got his channel demonetized by youtube and now has to keep his business afloat solely through donations and supplement sales.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.