GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,890 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

Fort Sumter: The Secession Crisis, 1860-61» Forums » General

Subject: About the P500 charging rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carlos Roig
Germany
Mainz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The last GMT update said that around March 5th Fort Sumter would be charged, but we are already on the 14th and nothing seems to happen. I know that it will be done soon, but I'm too exited for this game for waiting!

Does anyone know anything new about the game? At this point of time it would be nice to have uploaded some new pictures of the game, the final boardmap, some final cards or even the Rulebook, isn't it?

Hopefully we hear something new very soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ChichoBluesMan wrote:
The last GMT update said that around March 5th Fort Sumter would be charged, but we are already on the 14th and nothing seems to happen. I know that it will be done soon, but I'm too exited for this game for waiting!

Does anyone know anything new about the game? At this point of time it would be nice to have uploaded some new pictures of the game, the final boardmap, some final cards or even the Rulebook, isn't it?

Hopefully we hear something new very soon!

Here is an update, the game has been printed and is being assembled in the PRC. The boat will leave Hong Kong by the end of March. My expectation is it will ship in April.

I will see what we can do to get some components on line.

Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Roy
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is my first GMT P500 purchase.

So if what you say is true, Mark, when will it charge?

Does that happen when it gets ready to ship (in April)?

Or sooner than that?

(I realize, as designer, you may not know those questions. Putting these out there for anybody else who knows)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hist wrote:
This is my first GMT P500 purchase.

So if what you say is true, Mark, when will it charge?

Does that happen when it gets ready to ship (in April)?

Or sooner than that?

(I realize, as designer, you may not know those questions. Putting these out there for anybody else who knows)

This I cannot say with any certainty as I am not part of that decision. I would expect this to happen just prior to shipping, but that's a guess.

Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From email received today from GMT Games:

Quote:
We're writing to let you know that game Fort Sumter: The Secession Crisis, 1860-61 is one step closer to being completed and shipped out to you! Please note that today we charged your card for your order of 1 copies for a total of $39.00. As with all P500 games, this charge is made when the game in in our final printing process, so it won't be long now until the process is complete and we can ship your game.

We will update the completion and ship dates for Fort Sumter: The Secession Crisis, 1860-61 on our website, www.gmtgames.com, so please check there regularly if you want status updates. We hope you are as excited as we are to receive the finished product!

Thank you,

GMT Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SirRoke wrote:
From email received today from GMT Games:

"We're writing to let you know that game Fort Sumter: The Secession Crisis, 1860-61 is one step closer to being completed and shipped out to you! Please note that today we charged your card for your order of 1 copies for a total of $39.00. As with all P500 games, this charge is made when the game in in our final printing process, so it won't be long now until the process is complete and we can ship your game.

"We will update the completion and ship dates for Fort Sumter: The Secession Crisis, 1860-61 on our website, www.gmtgames.com, so please check there regularly if you want status updates. We hope you are as excited as we are to receive the finished product!"

Thank you,

GMT Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Stonemark
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EXCITED!
CAN'T WAIT!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Creve Coeur
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No emails here. Is it normal for these to phase their way out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Thompson
United States
Taylor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Old Ironsides being overflown by the Blue Angels
mbmbmbmbmb
astroglide wrote:
No emails here. Is it normal for these to phase their way out?

Nope. If you haven’t been charged, get in contact with GMT. Best best is to use the messenger on the main page of their website. If you do i5 during normal business hours, they will help you live. If not, leave a message and they will get back with you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Preiser
United States
Federal Way
Washington
flag msg tools
SFMF
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They charged me a few days ago.
I hope it ships soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Thompson
United States
Taylor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JLPreiser wrote:
They charged me a few days ago.
I hope it ships soon.

The April update said it would ship the week of May 21.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to hold an online tournament with Fort Sumter. Anyone good at that. Folks would commit to 4 day games. Swiss for the first few rounds then Best records go to 3 game matches/1 per week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Thompson
United States
Taylor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MarkHerman wrote:
I want to hold an online tournament with Fort Sumter. Anyone good at that. Folks would commit to 4 day games. Swiss for the first few rounds then Best records go to 3 game matches/1 per week.

That sounds like fun, I’d be up for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.