GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,810 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

13 Clues» Forums » General

Subject: Super quick impressions and card sleeve rant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Trevor Franklin
United States
Vale
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played this once as 5 player and just finished 2 two player games moments ago. With 5 it feels like all the best parts of clue distilled into 30 minutes, with some luck (less than clue) and some strategy (more than clue). At 2 player, it's a fun almost filler length game. Heck, at 15 minutes per game, it's shorter than some 2 player fillers. In fact, if viewed as a filler, this may be one of my new favorite fillers, period.

Now a little rant: I know it's not a game publisher's job to keep card sleeve manufacturers in business. But it IS big business, so publishers must know sleeving is common among their customers. But even for mentally stable people who don't sleeve every card, you must see this game is a prime game to be sleeved if ever you would sleeve. Only 30 cards. It's crucial they are never marked or nicked, and you do actually manipulate some of them once the game starts (secret cards in middle). However, not only are the cards very unique in size (like a slightly smaller 7 wonders) but even if you make due with imperfect fitting sleeves, they may not fit in the (very nice and necessary) card holders on the player screens. I hate to complain about such a trivial thing, but there it is.

Still, I'll recommend this game to anyone who asks. I see it as a power filler that even my parents could enjoy, and perhaps the only deduction game to meet that criteria.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Franklin
United States
Vale
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To update my own rant: I had some mayday games 61x112 (Mdg-7113) sleeves that say they fit "dwarf king." They work! They are very slightly more snug than is ideal, and a fair bit too long, but it works. They fit in the player shields fine and are well protected. I'm much happier with the game now, knowing there is an option for obsessive sleevers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Birdwise
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is it with guys like you? Have you nothing better to do with your time? Why do you have to rant about card sleeve sizes for cards that are used in games?

I totally agree with you about this issue! Rant on, my friend.

I sleeved mine with some Ultra Pro sleeves only to find out they did not fit the card holders and had to de-sleeve them. Ugh.

Thanks for the tip regarding the use of Dwarf King sleeves sized 61 X 112 mm. I just happened to have some lying around. Yes they are a very tight fit on the cards but do fit into the card holder slots.

Keep on ranting!

PS: I fear for those card holder strips as I think they will tear and become unusable after a few plays. May have to buy some kiddy card holders to use in the future. Yes, the sleeves are about 3/8th inches too long; so I cut off the excess amount using my rotary cutter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.