GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,755 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Press Releases

Subject: SolarFlare Games brings ROBOTECH rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Killingsworth
United States
Bedford
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SolarFlare Games is proud to announce their partnership with Harmony Gold and helping to bring ROBOTECH back to gaming tables everywhere. With three games and two expansions planned over the next year and a half their is a lot of excitement and adventure to be had for fans of the classic anime.

SolarFlare Games will be leading their charge with Robotech: Force of Arms. Force of Arms is a 1v1 games where you take on the role of either the brave Robotech Defense Forces (RDF) or the warrior Zentraedi.

You and your opponent maneuver your warships and deploy your forces endeavoring to gain supremacy. With fearless heroes and commands, you can turn the tide of the battle in your favor.

Will you defend the Earth as the valiant RDF? Or will you attempt to destroy the Earth, capture the SDF-1, and recover the secrets of Protoculture as the giant Zentraedi?

Force of Arms will be available in general distribution in July 2018 world wide (excluding Japan). Additionally SolarFlare Games has signed a deal with a distribution company in China and will be producing and distributing a Chinese language version of Force of Arms.

Force of Arms will be followed by a mini expansion called "Force of Arms: Grand Cannon Expansion" which will add the Grand Cannon to the game and add some alternate ways to win the First Robotech War.

2019 will be the year that SolarFlare Games brings a 1v1 Southern Cross (Masters) game to the Robotech fandom (Robotech: Crisis Point) and then a 1-6 player New Generation cooperative game called "Robotech: Invid Invasion."

SolarFlare Games is bringing their unique blend of gorgeous art, small box , easy to learn and fun to play card games to the Robotech Universe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moray Johnson
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Uh, oh...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Franklin
United States
Milton
Washington
flag msg tools
He sees you when you're sleeping; he knows when you're awake ...
badge
He knows if you've been bad or good.
mbmbmbmbmb
Tzer wrote:
Uh, oh...

They actually announced this game in October of last year (the earliest I could find was this: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1858847/open-note-robot... )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Saxton
United States
Affton (St. Louis)
Missouri
flag msg tools
After all, gas can is my middle name. Eh, not really.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I wish you the best of luck, and hopefully you can field a great Robotech themed game. Just remember though, 'Harmony Gold' makes their money by litigating a property, not by licensing it. So bring lawyers, and fully expect to use them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Robotech is a lie unless you show me the licence...

Even then I’m in doubt unless HG says in writing they ain’t going to sue you down the road for some stupid shit... better do your research.

Companies saying they have an “agreement” with HG for Robotech are a dime a fucking dozen...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArcanumTL ArcanumTL
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
capstern wrote:
a 1-6 player New Generation cooperative game called "Robotech: Invid Invasion."

Amazing! I've followed the initial game discussion for Force of Arms!

Excited to hear that there's potentially Invid Invasion coming!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.