GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,178 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Terraforming Mars» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Elysium Solo Win rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Collins
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Solo Game #33 (I think - might be #36) was played on the fields of Elysium.

Do you ever have one of those games where it just starts off right? And finishes big? That was tonight’s session.

Corporation Choice: Viron or Interplanetary Cinematics
Initial Cards:
Cupola City
Eos Chasma National Park
Magnetic Field Generators
Insects
Mining Expedition
Giant Solar Shade
Fueled Generators
GHG Producing Bacteria
Power Grid
Orbital Reflectors

Chose Viron. Kept the last four cards (above). Built the Bacteria, Fueled Generators and Orbital Reflectors on Generation 1 and felt that I was off to a good start. The Bacteria combined with Viron meant that I was able to get two cubes onto the

Gen 2 Bought and Built Lichen, Local Shadows and Micro Mills

Gen 3 built Mohole Area

Gen 4 I’m already feeling like “I’ve got this.” Haven’t built an ocean yet at this point.

Gen 5 Grass on Mars. Whoo!

Gen 6 first ocean

Gen 8 Anti-Grav Tech gets bought and built. That card more than pays for itself because by the end of the game I’ll build 16 more cards. (At -2 cost per card built I spent 32 less for 16 cards, most of which I would have bought anyway, for an outlay of 17 (3 to buy, 14 to build). Net savings = 15 MC plus innumerable benefits to cashflow.)

Gen 9 Heat is going so well combined with the bacteria that I build Insulation, drop 9 Heat production to 0 in exchange for MC production increase, and revel in it for five more generations. (For a cost of 3 to buy the card, 0 to build thank you Anti-Grave Tech, it turned 45 heat/9 production into 45 MC/+9 production that let me do a lot more.)

Gen 11 Between greenery from production and placement plus two standard project greenery tiles and +65 MC from cash flow, I build four in one round.

Gen 12 I start buying luxury goods - e.g. cards with Victory Points on them - because I know this game is now.

Gen 13 Buy and build Kelp Farming. Plant production is now +11.

Gen 14 in the initial draw I get Aquifer Pumping. I don’t buy it.

Final Score: 100*

Production on last round:

+31 MC, +0 Steel, +2 Titanium, +11 Plants, +5 Energy, +0 Heat

This was a really good game. I think it is my highest solo score ever. Have to check my accounts.

*This might have been 102. I’m pretty sure that I had bought the last ocean but didn’t place it, however it was still on its space when I finished the game. If I had accidentally missed it, that would have resulted in one less greenery tile standard project in Gen 14, for 2 points (because it was next to a city.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve G
United States
West Grove
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice writeup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
karel pepiku
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
varianor wrote:

Fueled Generators
GHG Producing Bacteria
Power Grid
Orbital Reflectors

Chose Viron. Kept the last four cards (above). Built the Bacteria, Fueled Generators and Orbital Reflectors on Generation 1 and felt that I was off to a good start. The Bacteria combined with Viron meant that I was able to get two cubes onto the

I am afraid playing GHG Producing Bacteria in gen1 was invalid, because the card requires 4% O2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Collins
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Gahhhhhh! Now I have to go back and try to replay this to see if I can get close to that score without that card. Oh may I need new eyes. Thanks for pointing that out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.