GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,020 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

No Retreat! The Russian Front» Forums » Rules

Subject: Multi hex attack and out of supply units rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ali Maleki Ghomi
Iran
Tehran
Tehran
msg tools
mbmb
Consider this situation I am attacking a bunch of units on different hexes as part of a combined battle. One of the defenders in out of supply but others are not. Does the attacker still get 2 right shifts on the CRT?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Johnson
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably not - in an attack that targets multiple defending hexes, the defender gets to choose which hex is considered the target for terrain etc, and probably won't choose the hex with the OOS unit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oakfed wrote:
Probably not - in an attack that targets multiple defending hexes, the defender gets to choose which hex is considered the target for terrain etc, and probably won't choose the hex with the OOS unit.

Jeff is correct.

Rule 10.6 (Combat Odds Shifts), page 11:

If more than one hex is attacked in the same Combat, the defender choses one that will be used for the TEC effects.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ali Maleki Ghomi
Iran
Tehran
Tehran
msg tools
mbmb
Thank you Jeff and Carl.
Carl, I am not a wargamer but this game is truly a gem. I like your design philosophy of having low counter density while retaining depth of play.
looking forward to playing other NR games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
In fairness, it's perhaps surprising that being unsupplied is classed as a "terrain effect".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uwe Wichmann
Philippines
Davao City
Davao del Sur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I still have a question about advancing when I attacked a single hex with multiple counters. The attack result is a DD, the russian defender retreats two hexes and is then put in the destroyed box.

Which of the attackers can advance and in which hexes can they go?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Johnson
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All the attackers are eligible to advance. The first hex, however, must be the one the defender was in originally.

(When there are multiple defending hexes, I assume the attacker can choose which one to be the first hex).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uwe Wichmann
Philippines
Davao City
Davao del Sur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the fast answer. Understood.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.