GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,974 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

Warhammer Underworlds: Shadespire» Forums » General

Subject: New Boards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
septimus septem
Greece
Karditsa
Karditsa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any news about new boards ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
onio wrote:
Any news about new boards ?

Nothing yet. But the last two warbands have just been announced, so the Shadespire cycle is coming to an end. That means several things might happen:

1. GW might launch a new starter set for a wave two release. New starter set means new boards.
2. GW might look for other ways to keep the game thriving, so maybe new boards or universal card packs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicklas Collin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hope there will be card packs, have no use for more minis... do anyone know how much one would get for these miniatures, they must the usable to Sigmar wargaming right?

*Edit
Why whould we need more game boards? It would be better if they could create a terrain expansion so we have a couple of hex tokens to create blocked hexes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Collinski wrote:
Hope there will be card packs, have no use for more minis... do anyone know how much one would get for these miniatures, they must the usable to Sigmar wargaming right?

*Edit
Why whould we need more game boards? It would be better if they could create a terrain expansion so we have a couple of hex tokens to create blocked hexes.

All of the miniatures have free downloadable rules for Age of Sigmar. You could get a bit for them. However, the Shadespire packs are pretty cheap anyway, and I reckon most Sigmar players would just buy them new and then sell the cards. I mean, I can get these boxes for less than £15 each, so I would consider even £10 for just the miniatures to be too expensive.

You need more boards for multiplayer games and variety.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Harr
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
New boards are a must.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sum
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I would be very excited for new boards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicklas Collin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
Collinski wrote:

*Edit

All of the miniatures have free downloadable rules for Age of Sigmar. You could get a bit for them. However, the Shadespire packs are pretty cheap anyway, and I reckon most Sigmar players would just buy them new and then sell the cards. I mean, I can get these boxes for less than £15 each, so I would consider even £10 for just the miniatures to be too expensive.

You need more boards for multiplayer games and variety.

Well i give in, we need more boards then
What kinda board would you like to see?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hill
United Kingdom
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I grabbed a couple of sets of these and we just place them on the boards with no blocked spaces:

https://www.redbeamdesigns.com/shop/game-specific-accessorie...

Not quite a new board, but flexible at least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
trevor

Missouri
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it kinda weird the cycle ends after giving us 2 khorne and 2 stormcast bands but only 1 of the others?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Manning
United States
Bay City
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I saw that, I was wondering if they were trying to balance the power a bit. Sometimes the initial releases in games like this will have that "power creep" factor. This might be a way of evening that out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dophin26 wrote:
When I saw that, I was wondering if they were trying to balance the power a bit. Sometimes the initial releases in games like this will have that "power creep" factor. This might be a way of evening that out.

I think this whole cycle was designed at the same time. You're probably more likely to see power creep over time as new cycles turn up.

Stormcasts and Khorne are the poster boys of the Mortal Realms, so they were always going to be in the base set; but a base set also has to be balanced, and relatively straightforward, to serve as an introduction. These new factions look like they are for people who like those main factions but want something a bit different - a bit more to think about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
septimus septem
Greece
Karditsa
Karditsa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

yummy !!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Smith
United Kingdom
Gillingham
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Collinski wrote:

*Edit

For multiplayer games when others have no bought the main game, Almost bought extra boards of eBay this week.

You can buy excellent 3rd party terrain already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.