GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,483 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

AT-43 Initiation Set: Operation Damocles» Forums » General

Subject: Simple starter kit rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I'm new to AT-43 and realize that it will be impossible to get much outside of e-bay. : (

I was however wondering what the difference between a "unit box" and an "attachment box" is, e g
Yetis Karmans Unit Box
Yetis Karmans Attachment Box

Also, is there a general rule to what an Unit or Attachment box is?

I'm thinking of getting one or maybe two of the "Operation Damocles initiation sets" but don't understand the AP-system. Could you give me an idea or suggestions to what to look for if I were to try to get a Karmans and Red Blok army of equal strength as the U.N.A. and Therian armies in the initiation set. Or maybe equal strength as two initiation sets.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Phelps
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unit boxes are the basic troops and the attachments have the special weapons, generals, medics and such.

The starter box really isn't enough to play a full game. They only contain 1 troop on each side and a small walker. The army boxes are the best, quickest way to get enough for a full game.

If you want to match the starter set forces you would need just 1-2 basic unit boxes maybe 1 attachment for that unit and 1-2 smaller vehicles/walkers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Brian!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Turner
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's some ideas for 2k armies (to match if you end up getting a Cog, Red Blok or ONI starter box). If you pick one of these, it will probably take you several months to find all the miniatures. Anything with a * next to it is difficult to find, even if you have $$$. UNA is the easiest to get, Karmans are fairly easy and Therians can be difficult to get. Red block is rough to find and very expensive to collect let me tell you from experience.

Therians – Cypher faction

Platoon 1
- Tiamat (+ Omega Tiamat) / Babylon Zero
- Wraith Golgoth (Alpha)
- 3 Bane Goliaths
- 9 Storm Golems (Alpha, 3 Sonic Gun)
- 6 Grim Golems* (+ Alpha Atis-Astarte*, 1 Flamer) - if you can't get an Atis, use an Omega from the Assault Golem attachment box-- there were no Grim Golem Omegas made.

- 2 hekats for creation

Karmans – Base Karman list (2000 AP)

Platoon 1
- 4 Kaptars (Mentor)
- 8 Wendigos (+ Venerable Cornelius, 2 Grenade Launcher)
- 2 K-Shooters (Mentor)
- 1 Easy Trike* (Mentor) / (proxy ANY trike (dirt/jungle) if you don't have an Easy)
- King Buggy (Mentor)

U.N.A. – U.N.A. (2000 AP)
- 12 Star Troopers (Sergeant, 2 Volcano MG) OR 9 Steel Troopers (Sergeant, 2 laser guns)
- 3 Steel TacArms (Sergeant)
- 9 Steel Troopers (Sergeant, 2 Missile Launcher)
- 2 Fire Toad (+ Sergeant A. Borz)
- Copperhead (+ Colonel G. Stark)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Chris!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Turner
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI There's a LOT of AT-43 on Ebay right now. I see an Atis-Astarte and even Grim Golems up there. It's not cheap... but if you play Therian you pretty much have to have a unit of Grims.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.