GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,248 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Dune» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Question for Brad rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Charles Reinert
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hey Brad or anyone really, how do you interpret the Bene Gesserit rule of co-existence. Upon re-reading the rules recently it seems to state that once you declare a territory is in co-existence at the beginning of a return it must stay in co-existence. But if BG is in existence in a territory by themselves, they can choose to blink into co-existence if someone moves in. The implications being that if someone was going to attempt to win the game, they need to be sure that BG wouldn't suddenly blink into existence when you shipped or moved to a territory they said was in co-existence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel K
United States
Minnetrista
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These threads seem quite pertinent and get really into the weeds:

Bene Gesserit coexistence espec. WRT alliances - a discussion between Tempus42 and vonklaude
BG coexistence/control
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Johnson
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The coexistence rules as written leave a lot of gaps. I had to clean them up for tournament play, and I chose to rule this way:

* By default, BG are not coexisting.
* The golden rule is: whenever BG become coexisting in a region, they must coexist in that region for the remainder of the turn.
* At start of shipping/movement phase, BG must declare coexistence (or not) in each location shared with another player. (Must coexist with allies.)
* Any time a player brings new tokens into a region with the BG, the BG has another chance to declare coexistence if desired.

There are other edge cases, but this is the crux of it, I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Reinert
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks. That's the way I read it too, but over time people forget and next thing you know they are trying to blink into existence to prevent a win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.