GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,715 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Fast Forward: FLEE» Forums » Rules

Subject: Chapter II/III reset and first time gift rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
lou ser
msg tools
So the cards for the chapter II and III state that we get a bonus the first time we try to beat this chapter, and then never again.

But if I lose, I'll reset the game while the chapter II/III cards are on the side (as they are rule cards). I'll never encounter them again anyways, especially since it was stated somewhere here that if you reset during chapter III, you're still in chapter III.

So the only meaning I could see in this : you get this bonus the first time in your LIFE that you try chapter II and III, and then NEVER AGAIN. It's not about the session, it's about your first time ever.

Is this it ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
If you reset the deck back to the beginning, all cards in order and start fresh, you would receive the bonuses again when you encounter the cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lou ser
msg tools
Yes but there's no other way to encounter them. If I reset during chapter II or III I won't see these cards abt bonuses anyways, I won't enter chapter II or III again as I've already entered them.

Why tell me I only get this bonus the first time when after the first time I won't ever see the card that tells me I have a bonus again ?

I guess my question is not "how do I get the bonus again ?", my question is "why would you print these words on these cards when they have no application in the game" ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Detsky
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Not sure if I am answering the exact question you are asking, but the one time bonuses are if you continue to play through Chapters 2 and 3 with the modified restart rules.

If you reset the cards 1-90 and start a brand new game from Chapter 1, you would receive the first time bonuses again when reaching Chapters 2 and 3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Egel
Germany
Solingen
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mb
I think what he was trying to say is that if you do not restart a game with sortet cards but with modified starting rules then you would not come to that point where you get that gift, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.