GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,221 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Imaginarium» Forums » General

Subject: Played it. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Larouche
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
Melting souls with cuteness since 2007
badge
Lovin' N-16
mbmbmbmbmb
Overall, the now trademarked Bruno Cathala style strapped on a cube conversion engine.

More brain-burny than i thought.

Imagine Century Spice road, mixed with Five Tribe's Djiins system, mixed with resource management.

Get money, buy cards, "repair" card using colored cubes, use repaired cards to get more and/or upgrade cubes, use cubes to get money...
Breaking the loop in your engine somewhere will get you points, by trading money for points or dismantling/discarding cards.

A lot to think about in it. Overall a pretty solid game.
... but less good than Five Tribes or Yamatai.

The artwork is great, but it's really a wash of brown and gray. The art is good, but just plain weird, maybe too weird. After a single game, i longed for the colors of Five Tribes, Yamatai or any other game really...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Gulluni
msg tools
Hello fellow Montreal's South Shore gamer!
(j'habite près de St-Bruno)

Been looking forward to reading the first reviews for Imaginarium.

I was excited about the game, but after reading your review (plus the one from Proxi-Jeux in France), I'm not sure I'm going to buy the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if "less good than Five Tribes or Yamatai" means it'll work for someone who absolutely hates Five Tribes and literally fell asleep trying to learn how to play Yamatai...twice...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geek Lette
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you cannot based your choice on other's review, just play it and then maybe you will buy it

I really like this board game. I have already played 5 times at 2, 3 and 4 players. It reminds me Otys that I love.

I like short games but break some neurons so, just try it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Schmidt
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GeekLette wrote:
I think you cannot based your choice on other's review, just play it and then maybe you will buy it

I really like this board game. I have already played 5 times at 2, 3 and 4 players. It reminds me Otys that I love.

I like short games but break some neurons so, just try it

Unfortunately, not everyone has the opportunity to try recently released games before buying…
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith B
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thorphin wrote:
I wonder if "less good than Five Tribes or Yamatai" means it'll work for someone who absolutely hates Five Tribes and literally fell asleep trying to learn how to play Yamatai...twice...

Or for someone who loves Five Tribes but absolutely hates Yamatai.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
deedob wrote:
mixed with Five Tribe's Djiins system

And what is Five Tribe's Djinns system exactly?

Did you just mean variable player powers that can be achieved during the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.