GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,437 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Warfighter: The WWII Tactical Combat Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: recommend expansions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Charlie Field

Butte
Montana
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all,
I;m taking the plunge! What if any expansions would be recommended and why?
Thanks you in advance.
Charlie
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David in Sydney (now in Coffs)
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cdfield wrote:
Hello all,
I;m taking the plunge! What if any expansions would be recommended and why?
Thanks you in advance.
Charlie


I'm incredibly biased..

I'd say all!

However - what interests you the most?

The core box is US Soldiers vs Japanese Hostiles

Apart from:
EXP 15 Japanese soldiers etc (no hostiles)
EXP 16 US Hostiles (only)
EXP 24 & 25 which contains No hostiles (except gravity)
All the rest are a mix of a Nations soldiers and hostiles plus some expansion bits.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Yoder
United States
GRANITE BAY
CA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I recommend expansions 5 and 6. 5 has the M1919 machine gun and 6 has NPS's Moore and Stover who can use it. It's an awesome comnbination.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enrico Magnani
Italy
Cesenatico
Forlì-Cesena
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If you can, I would also say every one

This is a game where expansion means more options, you can integrate everything without changing rules.
With more options you can really face a mission however you want to!

I must say, I didn't like how cards where mixed in wave 1 expansions, it seems like they are all mixed up and there is not a clear distinction except theme: you won't find UK troops in Russian expansion, but there is no Russian Soldier and Russian Enemies expansion, you can find a bit of both in both Russian expansions.

That said, I was planning to buy everything and store it in the footlocker so it didn't bother me at all
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
davidinsydney2 wrote:


Apart from:
EXP 15 Japanese soldiers etc (no hostiles)
EXP 16 US Hostiles (only)



I have to say this is a better idea. However that is not what it says on the Kickstarter.

It says, "Expansion 15 more Japanse Soldiers Gear Hostiles!"
and "Expansion 16 US Marines Gear Hostiles"

1 
 Thumb up
5.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David in Sydney (now in Coffs)
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Greg Smith wrote:
davidinsydney2 wrote:


Apart from:
EXP 15 Japanese soldiers etc (no hostiles)
EXP 16 US Hostiles (only)



I have to say this is a better idea. However that is not what it says on the Kickstarter.

It says, "Expansion 15 more Japanse Soldiers Gear Hostiles!"
and "Expansion 16 US Marines Gear Hostiles"



cry

I must have the order wrong...

cry
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.