Popular Tags: [View All]
oystein eker
Norway
Unspecified
sola
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Playtesting a few hours. What puzzles me is the defense of Morocco. Not allowed(rule 9.253) to reinforce Vichy -Morocco it is too easy for Britain to invade in 1941 and steamrolling east to Egypt. Will a strong Axis force in Libya be enough to kill an invading plan?
If not - the result will be that Italy is invaded too early (historic). And the game misses the US Operation Torch hard battles.

By the way - Can Gibraltar be attacked using similar rules as Malta or must Spain-Andalucia be controlled by Axis first?

Finally - Rick, Jesse & Co has done a marvellous job! Thank you for the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Young
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Morocco defense
eker (#32795),

Playtesting a few hours. What puzzles me is the defense of Morocco. Not allowed(rule 9.523) to reinforce Vichy -Morocco it is too easy for Britain to invade in 1941 and steamrolling east to Egypt.

Axis units are allowed in Vichy territory after war has been declared against Vichy (rule 9.523) and The Western Allies are not allowed to declare war on Vichy before Jul/Aug 1942 (rule 9.31)

Will a strong Axis force in Libya be enough to kill an invading plan?

Only if the Allies are careless

If not - the result will be that Italy is invaded too early (historic). And the game misses the US Operation Torch hard battles.

I think you overlooked the restriction of war against Vichy before Jul/Aug 1942 (9.31)

By the way - Can Gibraltar be attacked using similar rules as Malta or must Spain-Andalucia be controlled by Axis first?

The only ways to get to Gibraltar are through Spain or via Airborne assault from Morocco.

Finally - Rick, Jesse & Co has done a marvellous job! Thank you for the game.

Thank you for your kind words - The enjoyment other gamers are getting out of EE has made all the work well worthwhile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oystein eker
Norway
Unspecified
sola
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Morocco defense
Rick Young (#32801),

You are right - I overlooked rule 9.31, and my Morocco consern has now disappeared!

Thank you for a quick response, Easter weekend

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.