Subject: New Broken Token organizer rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Zuber Jr
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I received an e-mail the other day from BT about their new organizer for Mystic Vale. In the message, it says that it will hold everything game related through Conclave.

I am interested if anyone from AEG or John Clair knows anything about this organizer versus the upcoming Conclave box that, from what I understand, is supposed to be a one stop storage solution.

Conclave is an auto buy for me, so wondering if that might be the best way to go, especially if it allows for expansions beyond itself. I know John Clair was asked on the Edge Kickstarter if there were further expansions incoming, and he said yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Montclair
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like little more than a bunch of dividers. I would definitely want to see how Conclave organizes it before buying this. I wonder how BT can even be sure Conclave will fit!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Zuber Jr
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KoalaXav wrote:
Looks like little more than a bunch of dividers. I would definiyely want to see how Conclave organizes it before buying this. I wonder how BT can even be sure Conclave will fit!

Yeah, waiting for Conclave is my thought, especially if it will accommodate further expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
If Smash Up: The Big Geeky Box is any indication, Conclave should be sufficient.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Zuber Jr
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
If Smash Up: The Big Geeky Box is any indication, Conclave should be sufficient.

Raz, if what I can see about the box to which you linked holds true for Conclave, you are probably right. I guess it just comes down to seeing what Conclave brings since I am going to purchase it anyway.

That said, it does seem awkward timing that BT would drop this organizer for the original box at the same time AEG is set to release an expansion that deals with storage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
jdzuber1 wrote:
Razoupaf wrote:

Raz, if what I can see about the box to which you linked holds true for Conclave, you are probably right. I guess it just comes down to seeing what Conclave brings since I am going to purchase it anyway.

That said, it does seem awkward timing that BT would drop this organizer for the original box at the same time AEG is set to release an expansion that deals with storage.

I agree about the timing being awkward.
The full content of Conclave is available on AEG's website, along with the rules. It brings totem cards, new sleeves, new player decks for up to six players, setup guidelines (the conclaves) cards, and borders and tokens for the day/night cycle and the 5th and 6th player along with the big box. Quite interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Clair
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
Trying to stay neutral, here's my thoughts...

I've seen the Broken Token insert and it's super nice, like everything they do. It will fit all the base game and first 3 expansions in a well organized and quality insert.

Conclave will fit everything that has and is currently planned to release for MV, and it also has cool content inside, like the Day/Night and the extra decks etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Montclair
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can only think of one good reason to get the BT organizer if you are also buying Conclave. The BT solution fits in the original box. Conclave will be a larger box. That's the only advantage that I see. So if you need the smaller box for storage or transport reasons, maybe BT is right for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Zuber Jr
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnDClair wrote:
Trying to stay neutral, here's my thoughts...

I've seen the Broken Token insert and it's super nice, like everything they do. It will fit all the base game and first 3 expansions in a well organized and quality insert.

Conclave will fit everything that has and is currently planned to release for MV, and it also has cool content inside, like the Day/Night and the extra decks etc.

Thanks, John! That was what I was hoping to hear, and, honestly, was the way I was leaning. As I mentioned in an earlier thread, my wife and I are enjoying the game together and have started taking Mystic Vale on trips (partly in our RV) and I worry that the Conclave box might be decidedly larger than the core box. When we set up in the RV, I can tell you that the game fills up the dinette table!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United States
Shakopee
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
Does the Conclave box take into account sleeved vale cards? I had to "modify" my current insert for that. I've got Conclave on pre-order, though I didn't think to check first if that was the case. I want the content of Conclave either way, but really hoping the insert fits sleeves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Kotler
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
I Love Heavy Dry Soulless Euros!!!
badge
When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That's my religion.
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know if the broken token insert fits all the expansions in the original box including Twilight Garden?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick S
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BlueDane wrote:
Does anyone know if the broken token insert fits all the expansions in the original box including Twilight Garden?

I'd also like to know the answer to this question. I have no interest in buying Conclave just for the totems, so I'm probably going to stop at the base game + 4 other expansions. I tried asking Broken Token customer support if Twilight Garden will fit and they just responded with a copied & pasted product description including the "with room for more" bit, which doesn't help.

If I don't see an answer before GenCon, I'll probably pick up the insert there (if available) and I can report back. My guess based on the product images is that the cards will fit and I'll just have to get creative with the curse tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick S
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reporting back -- I just picked up the organizer from GenCon. I don't have Conclave, but I have the other 4 expansions. I haven't played with any yet, so I don't have this sorted how I will eventually, but this should give you an idea of the space left in the box. This is the base + vale of magic + vale of the wild + mana storm + twilight garden.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.