This War of Mine: The Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Leader rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Julien JU
msg tools
Hello.
May be I missed something in the rules.
But at which moment the "player on the left" becomes the new leader ??
Thanks for your help !!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Calcagno
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Julien, Look at your printed Journal. It has the phases of a turn spelled out. Follow it along to help you play and every time you see the red arrow that says "Next Player" that is when the next person becomes your new leader.
So it will occur many times in one day...
(The Red Arrow tells you when to switch.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Wilson
United Kingdom
Plymouth
flag msg tools
badge
There Can Be Only One! The Wrong One!
mbmbmbmbmb
Antares Rangers wrote:
Julien, Look at your printed Journal. It has the phases of a turn spelled out. Follow it along to help you play and every time you see the red arrow that says "Next Player" that is when the next person becomes your new leader.
So it will occur many times in one day...
(The Red Arrow tells you when to switch.)

Probably happens 8-10 times a day, at least, when playing with 3 characters. Just remember there is no "Leader" just the "Next Player".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien JU
msg tools
Thanks you guys for your answers.
Just to confirm what you said :
For example, for the first part of the day ( the pages "Morning" ), if we have 3 characters, each ones with 3 actions, it means after each one of these actions (if I follow the red arrow) the new leader ( or "next player") becomes the player on the left ? Right ? Or am I wrong ?
So it occurs 9 times ?
One last question : Does the next player have to move the same character as the previous leader , to perform the second action of the character ? Or can I do one action with Character A, then with character B, and then again with character A ( if he still has actions left) ?
Many thanks !!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Calcagno
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, okay. (Someone else, please help me and correct me if I say this incorrectly...)modest
The intent of the "Next Player" is to have someone who has the final say in what happens. Generally, all players (let's say you have 3 people playing, and there are currently 3 characters and all 3 characters have all 3 actions available...a perfect case.) The players are: Sue, Jo, Sam.
If we look at the Morning:
The 1st player (Sue) draws the event and is in charge of resolving it. She could do everything...picking the cold token or whatever, but others at the table could "help her" do it.
Once the Event is resolved, you now see the arrow, so Jo is "responsible" and makes sure everyone knows that the next step is the first action of the day. In this part of the game, all three characters have 3 actions to take (in 3 stages). In Stage 1, all 3 characters use their first action, in Stage 2, each character does something else, and in Stage 3, the characters do their last action of the day.

Everyone should have a say (communally) to decide what the characters do...they discuss what is best. By mutual agreement, they think Anton should shovel rubble, Marin should pick a lock, but the players can't agree on what Marco should do. If they can't agree, then Jo (as the "current Player") has the responsibility to make that decision, so Jo says Marco must build a stove. Sue and Sam are made at the decision, but Jo is in charge at the moment.

Now, after each "Action Stage" you see in the Journal that the "Next Player" is passed after each stage, so now we are in Stage 2. Sam is now "in charge" of Stage 2, so they discuss what needs to be done with all 3 characters, and if there are arguments about what they do, Sam has the responsibility of deciding. (The characters complete all their second actions and we go to Action Stage 3.

The "Next Player" goes back to Sue, and she has the final decision of what the 3 characters do (after everyone discusses what the 3rd actions will be). Action Stage 3 now ends and the "Next Player" passes on to Jo.

We enter the Dusk Phase and Jo makes sure everyone drinks water and eats. If anyone must go hungry, the players discuss who goes without, but Jo has the final say. Dusk ends and "Next Player" is now Sam.

Again, everyone at the table discusses what the characters do, but Sam breaks all ties if there are arguments. (The rest of the game goes that way.)

Did I explain the structure correctly, everyone???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Wilson
United Kingdom
Plymouth
flag msg tools
badge
There Can Be Only One! The Wrong One!
mbmbmbmbmb

As far as I know, this sums up exactly how the "turn" sequence is supposed to work - each decision is made by the current player for all character actions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Toxic
United Kingdom
Belper
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We just play by concensus, saves a lot of hassle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.