Subject: Finca's 4-different-color rule & Bridge rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
vladimir
Serbia
novi sad
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Even though game is lite on rules, rulebook is not that clear, hence my question:

(1) Designer in posts on bgg uses term "4-different-color rule". I know that on roads (Finca's or building site's) you must have 4 different colors. But does Finca as well must be surrounded by 4 colors max, or could it be surrounded by 5th color as well (example 4 different colors on roads and last color in one of the corners)?

(2) Related to (1): Bridge landscape tile

If there is this configuration on board and owner of all colors surrounded Finca is player whose turn is:
Y=yellow, P=pink, O=orange, M=Mountain, F-Finca, G=green, E=empty

P Y P P
Y Y F O
R M R O
E E E O

Is player allowed to play Green tile (with Bridge action) on Mountain (and to provide additional meeple) or does he need only Red or Yellow tile?

(3) Related to (2) : What would happen if instead of Mountain there is yellow tile and those 3 yellow tiles (yellow instead of mountain plus 2 additional yellow tiles that forms the region) are neutral? Can he play Green with Bridge action?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Allers
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
klark78 wrote:

Even though game is lite on rules, rulebook is not that clear, hence my question:

(1) Designer in posts on bgg uses term "4-different-color rule". I know that on roads (Finca's or building site's) you must have 4 different colors. But does Finca as well must be surrounded by 4 colors max, or could it be surrounded by 5th color as well (example 4 different colors on roads and last color in one of the corners)?

Correct. A fifth color is allowed. The reason why every road must be a different color is to keep someone from blocking all the spaces around a Finca with one color.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Allers
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
klark78 wrote:

(2) Related to (1): Bridge landscape tile

If there is this configuration on board and owner of all colors surrounded Finca is player whose turn is:
Y=yellow, P=pink, O=orange, M=Mountain, F-Finca, G=green, E=empty

P Y P P
Y Y F O
R M R O
E E E O

Is player allowed to play Green tile (with Bridge action) on Mountain (and to provide additional meeple) or does he need only Red or Yellow tile?

(3) Related to (2) : What would happen if instead of Mountain there is yellow tile and those 3 yellow tiles (yellow instead of mountain plus 2 additional yellow tiles that forms the region) are neutral? Can he play Green with Bridge action?

For the Bridge tile, when it says, "You must still follow the normal building rules," part of that means that you can still only start a new color on a road space next to a Finca. You cannot start a new color with a Bridge tile, unless it follows that rule.

Hope you enjoy the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
vladimir
Serbia
novi sad
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

This game was on my wishlist for years. After playing it few times I honestly think that gameplay is fantastic (it reminds me a little bit of Qin which I also like). Graphic design not so much (I guess even Klemens Franz can have a bad day), but you can't have it all .
Thx for your help and great game you designed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Allers
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
klark78 wrote:

This game was on my wishlist for years. After playing it few times I honestly think that gameplay is fantastic (it reminds me a little bit of Qin which I also like). Graphic design not so much (I guess even Klemens Franz can have a bad day), but you can't have it all .
Thx for your help and great game you designed.

Anytime!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.