Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Citrus» Forums » Rules

Subject: Finca's 4-different-color rule & Bridge rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
vladimir
Serbia
novi sad
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Even though game is lite on rules, rulebook is not that clear, hence my question:

(1) Designer in posts on bgg uses term "4-different-color rule". I know that on roads (Finca's or building site's) you must have 4 different colors. But does Finca as well must be surrounded by 4 colors max, or could it be surrounded by 5th color as well (example 4 different colors on roads and last color in one of the corners)?

(2) Related to (1): Bridge landscape tile

If there is this configuration on board and owner of all colors surrounded Finca is player whose turn is:
Y=yellow, P=pink, O=orange, M=Mountain, F-Finca, G=green, E=empty

P Y P P
Y Y F O
R M R O
E E E O


Is player allowed to play Green tile (with Bridge action) on Mountain (and to provide additional meeple) or does he need only Red or Yellow tile?

(3) Related to (2) : What would happen if instead of Mountain there is yellow tile and those 3 yellow tiles (yellow instead of mountain plus 2 additional yellow tiles that forms the region) are neutral? Can he play Green with Bridge action?
.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Allers
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
klark78 wrote:

Even though game is lite on rules, rulebook is not that clear, hence my question:

(1) Designer in posts on bgg uses term "4-different-color rule". I know that on roads (Finca's or building site's) you must have 4 different colors. But does Finca as well must be surrounded by 4 colors max, or could it be surrounded by 5th color as well (example 4 different colors on roads and last color in one of the corners)?


Correct. A fifth color is allowed. The reason why every road must be a different color is to keep someone from blocking all the spaces around a Finca with one color.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Allers
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
klark78 wrote:

(2) Related to (1): Bridge landscape tile

If there is this configuration on board and owner of all colors surrounded Finca is player whose turn is:
Y=yellow, P=pink, O=orange, M=Mountain, F-Finca, G=green, E=empty

P Y P P
Y Y F O
R M R O
E E E O


Is player allowed to play Green tile (with Bridge action) on Mountain (and to provide additional meeple) or does he need only Red or Yellow tile?

(3) Related to (2) : What would happen if instead of Mountain there is yellow tile and those 3 yellow tiles (yellow instead of mountain plus 2 additional yellow tiles that forms the region) are neutral? Can he play Green with Bridge action?
.



For the Bridge tile, when it says, "You must still follow the normal building rules," part of that means that you can still only start a new color on a road space next to a Finca. You cannot start a new color with a Bridge tile, unless it follows that rule.

Hope you enjoy the game!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
vladimir
Serbia
novi sad
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

This game was on my wishlist for years. After playing it few times I honestly think that gameplay is fantastic (it reminds me a little bit of Qin which I also like). Graphic design not so much (I guess even Klemens Franz can have a bad day), but you can't have it all .
Thx for your help and great game you designed.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Allers
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
klark78 wrote:

This game was on my wishlist for years. After playing it few times I honestly think that gameplay is fantastic (it reminds me a little bit of Qin which I also like). Graphic design not so much (I guess even Klemens Franz can have a bad day), but you can't have it all .
Thx for your help and great game you designed.


Anytime!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.