Digital Blaine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Subject says it all. I was looking at the Dinosaur Island Kickstarter and I was very tempted to get it but that game never felt very complete to me (even with the new expansion modules). Then I remembered Dinogenics! I googled it, found the Kickstarter, and realized I totally missed it! Then I check the late pledge and saw that it was closing yesterday so I watch the Undead Viking video and one other, read through the Kickstarter page and decide to go for it. The game looks like you have to actually manage your park and deal with emergencies while trying to get ahead of the competition. Oh and I’m a sucker for fences

TLDR I was gonna back Dinosaur Island, felt weird about it, found the Dinogenics Late Pledge and backed it on the last day!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
János Hunyadi
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
digitalblaine wrote:

TLDR I was gonna back Dinosaur Island, felt weird about it, found the Dinogenics Late Pledge and backed it on the last day!

I did the same on Thursday! And very glad that I did!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Derrick
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought the retail version of DI and found it ho hum. Not bad, but not what I wanted it to be. It's good for certain groups and it will see table time, but not enough to invest in the new KS, I don't think.

I, too, backed DG at the last minute. (Well, on Tuesday, anyway.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Digital Blaine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I kept looking at the Kickstarter page for DI and I just couldn’t do it. The expansion just bloats the game to the point where there is too much to look at and too much on the table. I understand that they’re modules though. Then looking at Dinogenics I see a game where you have a few worked placement spots to fight over, you get to physically fence in your dinos and then you Gotta fix it when blank hits the fan. It just seems more fun to me vs DI. I dunno, if it isn’t for me then I’ll grab a retail copy of DI and 3D print some Dinos.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duarte
Portugal
Ponte de Lima
Ponte de Lima
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was there day one of their first failed attempted KS. And then on the second. For me this one always got my vote instead of DI.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Orthmann
msg tools
I’m a huge Jurassic Park fan and my buddy linked DI first and I was very turned off by the color. Then he linked Dinogenics Kickstarter with only 4 days left. So like you guys I plowed through the rulebook and all the run through videos I could. Pulled the trigger on my first Kickstarter. It’s exactly what I want out of a Dino park management game. Now I have to wait until November

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert P
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As of the writing of this post, Dinosaur Island's expansion entitled "Totally Liquid" has raised over one million dollars on Kickstarter and still has 20 days to go.

I don't understand what is wrong with the general public....the graphic design and implementation of theme in Dinogenics seems so superior to that of Dinosaur Island, yet the masses flock to Dinosaur Island. It's so weird (and sad!). Does anyone else think the same?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
the Yellow Sign?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
robnixilis wrote:

Does anyone else think the same?

Yes and often.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Digital Blaine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've backed Dinogenics but I'm torn on backing DI but I really want to! I think its just an aesthetics thing with DI, the game looks cool and has good marketing. The game play is broken into chunks and its fun to fiddle with the dinomeeples, coins, DNA dice, and DNA storage. I like the game play of Dinogenics and I'm excited for it but I think DI just has the flashiness behind it, that's why its raking in the dough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.