Guy Himber
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I loved this game from the first time I was introduced to it. Chased getting a copy for months and was happy to get the 2nd printing when it came out recently.

But...... the scoring system feels very, very 'loose'.

For example, it is unclear how these examples might score.

I'd like to get some feelings/feedback on these from the designer or frequent players
: )

IMG_4278

IMG_4280

IMG_4281

IMG_4283
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rupert Rupinette
United States
Jonesboro
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
This is how I'd probably score it if everyone is playing super serious:

1) Doesn't score at all. The beam isn't centered over either elephant.

2) Would arguably score twice according to where the rules state "it is possible to make the same card several times if at least one of the elements is different." However, neither beam extends entirely over the barrel as depicted.

3) Would score once for having one barrel centered under the beam.

Basically, play it as closely as possible to what's depicted. I agree that clarification would be nice, and I could easily be persuaded I'm wrong on all counts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools

My opinions only:

1. Score=0, because the stunt requires a beam balanced on only 1 elephant
2. Score=8, because the stunt has been accomplished twice
3. Score=0, because the stunt requires a beam balanced on only 1 barrel
4. Score=0, because the stunt requires a character balanced on only 1 horse

In the 3 stunts which score zero points, the balances have been made easier by introducing additional supports, thus they are less deserving. This consideration is key to my interpretations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cédric MILLET
India
Pondicherry
Pondicherry
flag msg tools
mbmb
robrizob wrote:
This is how I'd probably score it if everyone is playing super serious:

1) Doesn't score at all. The beam isn't centered over either elephant.

2) Would arguably score twice according to where the rules state "it is possible to make the same card several times if at least one of the elements is different." However, neither beam extends entirely over the barrel as depicted.

3) Would score once for having one barrel centered under the beam.

Basically, play it as closely as possible to what's depicted. I agree that clarification would be nice, and I could easily be persuaded I'm wrong on all counts.

This is right. Pattern depicted on the cards must be exactly reproduced to score.

Same for the guest star, she should be on one horse.

Cédric
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools
CedMil wrote:
This is right. Pattern depicted on the cards must be exactly reproduced to score.
Cédric

So this example scores zero, right?

IMG_4281

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Himber
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the example with the (3) purple barrels under the beam scores ONE TIME

The MIDDLE barrel matches the scoring condition and the barrels to the LEFT and RIGHT of the center barrel are just for decoration or additional support

I think that is right

HELLO Cedric!
: )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cédric MILLET
India
Pondicherry
Pondicherry
flag msg tools
mbmb
You are right Guy ! ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools
CedMil wrote:
You are right Guy ! ;-)

I don't follow this at all. If the beam on 3 barrels scores one time, then why does the guest star & horse example not score? Same question beam and elephants.

Thanks to the OP for raising these questions, but despite two contributions by Cédric, I don't feel we're any nearer to properly understanding these particular rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb
Highland Cow wrote:
CedMil wrote:
You are right Guy ! ;-)

I don't follow this at all. If the beam on 3 barrels scores one time, then why does the guest star & horse example not score? Same question beam and elephants.

Thanks to the OP for raising these questions, but despite two contributions by Cédric, I don't feel we're any nearer to properly understanding these particular rules.

You could remove the two other barrels and it would be the right stunt.
If you remove the second horse it will not show the same as on the card (it's not in the center of the horse). The same applies to the beam and elephants.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools
ZdadrDeM wrote:
Highland Cow wrote:
CedMil wrote:
You are right Guy ! ;-)

If you remove the second horse it will not show the same as on the card (it's not in the center of the horse). The same applies to the beam and elephants.

I don't agree.
If you remove the near horse, it is clear that the meeple will remain balanced on the other horse.
If you remove 1 elephant, maybe the beam will balance, maybe it won't. Do we really have to prove this test in order to score the points?

I'm sorry Cédric, but I shall be happy to houserule per my original post, i.e....
Beam on 1 elephant scores, beam on 2 elephants doesn't match so doesn't score
Beam on 1 barrel scores, beam on 3 barrels doesn't match so doesn't score
Meeple on 1 horse scores, meeple on 2 horses doesn't match so doesn't score

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb
It will remain balanced in this cases but it does not exactly show what is on the picture.

Highland Cow wrote:
ZdadrDeM wrote:
Highland Cow wrote:
CedMil wrote:
You are right Guy ! ;-)

I don't agree.
If you remove the near horse, it is clear that the meeple will remain balanced on the other horse.
If you remove 1 elephant, maybe the beam will balance, maybe it won't. Do we really have to prove this test in order to score the points?

I'm sorry Cédric, but I shall be happy to houserule per my original post, i.e....
Beam on 1 elephant scores, beam on 2 elephants doesn't match so doesn't score
Beam on 1 barrel scores, beam on 3 barrels doesn't match so doesn't score
Meeple on 1 horse scores, meeple on 2 horses doesn't match so doesn't score

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.