Popular Tags: [View All]
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is what the inside of my box looked like immediately after removing shrink:

gulp gulp gulp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Alexopoulos
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yikes!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Evans
United States
Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Walth
United States
Clearfield
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
The Mountain That Drums
mbmbmbmbmb
What version of Amun Re do you have?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AWTama wrote:
What version of Amun Re do you have?

TMG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Creve Coeur
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Devon Greatwolf wrote:
Mine too!

I thought TMG learned their lesson from Homesteaders gulp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
astroglide wrote:
Devon Greatwolf wrote:
Mine too!

I thought TMG learned their lesson from Homesteaders gulp

Not a single thing about this project is the same as it was for Homesteaders (other than, of course, Mike and I are still at TMG and there's a TMG logo on both boxes)...

Different manufacturer, different logistics, different warehouses, different individuals in each step along the way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Creve Coeur
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sedjtroll wrote:
Not a single thing about this project is the same as it was for Homesteaders (other than, of course, Mike and I are still at TMG and there's a TMG logo on both boxes)...

To customers, the logo on the box is what matters, and fairly so, I think. A major point of branding is marketing and advertising consistent products.
Quote:
Different manufacturer, different logistics, different warehouses, different individuals in each step along the way.

The same might be said for independent Chipotle health issues. Do their customers care? "Should" they?

I understand where you're coming from, but I don't think that deep-responding to a criticism, especially while not making any mention of the problem being reported, is a good approach. I've Kickstarted and bought several TMG games post-Homesteaders. I find this response petty and disappointing, and it makes me less likely to buy going forward.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
astroglide wrote:
sedjtroll wrote:

To customers, the logo on the box is what matters, and fairly so, I think. A major point of branding is marketing and advertising consistent products.
Quote:

The same might be said for independent Chipotle health issues. Do their customers care? "Should" they?

I understand where you're coming from, but I don't think that deep-responding to a criticism, especially while not making any mention of the problem being reported, is a good approach. I've Kickstarted and bought several TMG games post-Homesteaders. I find this response petty and disappointing, and it makes me less likely to buy going forward.

I'm sorry if my response was curt... I just wanted to get out in front of comments such as "I thought TMG learned their lesson from Homesteaders" by letting people in this thread know that this is not the type of issue people can expect to see in a TMG game.

FYI, we reached out to the OP privately to take care of his concerns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sedjtroll wrote:
I'm sorry if my response was curt...

Pun intended hopefully. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stetler
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Game box inserts often look a bit like fast food take out boxes.

Rarely have I seen one that looked like it had actually been used to hold fast food.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Evans
United States
Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Decided to take a moment to upload pics of my insert also...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Evans
United States
Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just wanted to note here that Seth Jaffee contacted me to offer replacing my copy. As only my insert was impacted I chose to pass. But, the offer, his time and attention, and outstanding customer service is appreciated!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.