Popular Tags: [View All]
W M
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello:

I played another round of Popular Front recently, but my friends being infernal rules testers raised another rules issue. As a result, I have a question concerning the playing of political cards.

Here is the set-up. We were playing a 6-player game. Mid-way through the game, the political tracker was getting closer to the Republic players' economic tracker. As a result, one player decided to lay down all three of his cards on the Political Commitment area. Then another republic player did the same. As a result, the nationalists started pouring cards into their Political Commitment area. The next round the broke the game, because all players poured their cards into the Political Commitment area.

The rules do not state how many cards may be played into the Political Commitment area. We could not find a rule that stopped people from piling their cards into the political commitment area. This broke the rest of the game.

Hence my question:

How many cards per-player may each player contribute to Political Commitment area? If it is unlimited, I would ask that you re-consider this rule. It breaks the game. If there is a rule that exists on this matter would you please clarify the rule and possibly tell me where the rule may be found in the rule book. If it is not addressed in the rule book and you understand my problem here, would you please provide me with an official ruling on this issue?

Thank you.

Also, would someone please tell me the diameter of the cubes that are used in the game where I might be able to buy could substitute orange and green cubes as replacement colors?

Thank you again. Geek gold awaits if that is incentive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Stevens
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
There is no limit to the number of cards that can be played to Political, but the gain made is only ever one space on the track for winning any round. If one side is playing many cards into Political, the other should abandon Political for that round and attack on the board instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Rodriguez
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I dont get how this breaks the game. Political gives you 1 point maximum per round. I can't see where 28 points sunk for 1 point on the victory track is worthwhile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W M
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok.

I now understand.

A small point more than two people missed in the heat of the moment.

The economic marker advances only one space on the political track regardless of the value of the cards.

I can't believe we missed that. Sorry. Thank you.

I would delete this thread if I could. Hopefully, it might help someone else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Rodriguez
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dont sweat it, everyone makes these sorts of errors now and then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.