Subject: Confused about replying to subscribed threads rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
When I reply to a thread that I'm already subscribed to, do I need to tick the box that says "subscribe to this thread" in order to continue the subscription?

Good UI suggests I wouldn't have to to do this, but in actuality the "subscribe to this thread" button is always deselected by default (even for threads to which I am already subscribed-- even for edits, such as this one), so I feel compelled to recheck it every time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
No.

(Testing this shouldn't have taken too long )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
schleima wrote:
When I reply to a thread that I'm already subscribed to, do I need to tick the box that says "subscribe to this thread" in order to continue the subscription?

It depends on how you have set your subscription preferences. (Accessible from your subscription page via the "Preferences" link.) See the section "Subscribe by default when I post or reply to..."

(I suggest ensuring that you become automatically subscribed to a thread which you comment in. You can always manually override this for a given thread if you don't want to stay subscribed to it.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Dauphin
Canada
Belleville
Ontario
flag msg tools

Are you talking about being already subscribed to a thread because you've subscribed to a game, for example?
If so, you only get the first look at the thread. IF you wish to stay subscribed you do have to select the option. Once done, though, it should stay subscribed thereafter.
You're not even automatically subscribed to a thread that you create, btw. You have to check that box when you make your first post--or set it up to do so, as per Russ's directions.

edit: wording

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.