5 Posts

Stuffed Fables» Forums » Rules

Subject: failing a group test rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lap Tran
msg tools
mbmbmb
I know it's not likely, but what if you spend 10 dice for a group test and still don't hit the required threshold? Or what if you spend all 12 dice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Bouselli
United States
Carteret
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
N1g2t3s4 wrote:
I know it's not likely, but what if you spend 10 dice for a group test and still don't hit the required threshold? Or what if you spend all 12 dice?

That’s highly unlikely to happen. But when attempting a group test you should only use higher dice. I never use a 1-3 unless that’s all I need to pass it.

Why only 12 dice? There’s at least 25 that you can use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Witt
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheRubexCube wrote:
How do you get 25? There are only 5 of each color dice, and most group tasks can only be done with a specific color, plus purple, since it's wild. 5 + 5 = 10.

Oh, and also, before rolling a die, you must choose what you're rolling it for. So if you decide to roll a die towards the group task, you can't use it for something else. I suppose if you roll a 1, you can decide to discard it instead, though, to avoid removing it from the pool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lap Tran
msg tools
mbmbmb
TheRubexCube wrote:
N1g2t3s4 wrote:

That’s highly unlikely to happen. But when attempting a group test you should only use higher dice. I never use a 1-3 unless that’s all I need to pass it.

Sorry. Misremembered. Only 5 of each color. So the color for the test and 5 wild dice for 10 that can be used.

I suppose if cant possibly get to the target number because foolishly kept low rolls, you can simply clear them all out next time the dice go back into the bag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Bouselli
United States
Carteret
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
N1g2t3s4 wrote:
TheRubexCube wrote:
N1g2t3s4 wrote:

Sorry. Misremembered. Only 5 of each color. So the color for the test and 5 wild dice for 10 that can be used.

I suppose if cant possibly get to the target number because foolishly kept low rolls, you can simply clear them all out next time the dice go back into the bag.

My mistake about the 25, I was half asleep when I wrote that response. Don’t forget that you have some abilities that let you reroll dice also.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.