Jonathon M
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We are heading into our second monthly event for the Louisville Legendary League on March 25th. Each season for the league will be six monthly events . Each event has three different and (sometimes) connected scenarios. For example, the upcoming event has Kingpin versus the Marvel Knights, but also will explore the events of X-Cutioner's Song. Depending on how the groups of heroes fare with Stryfe versus X-Force, Professor X will live or die in our Marvel universe (Marvel-502). In our third scenario, the X-Men try to stop Mr. Sinister from Stealing Baby Hope. If Professor X lives, he'll be involved and the X-Men will focus on rescuing Baby Hope. If Professor X doesn't survive the events of X-Cutioner's Song (more tables lose than win in Scenario 2), then the X-Men will be lead by Cyclops and, in their grief, they'll be trying to end Mr. Sinister's plans permanently (which will be represented by trying to defeat Sinister five times instead of four).

We are trying to score our league to highlight the cooperative aspect the game as much as the competitive. Sure, Upper Deck OP kits are on the line, but this game is really built for teamwork. Scoring for each scenario works as follows:

1 Point for everyone at the table if the Mastermind triumphs.
2 Points for everyone at the table if it is a tie or time is called.
3 Points for everyone at the table if the Mastermind is defeated EXCEPT for the top Victory Points earner. They gain 4 points.

The points will determine winners of events and, at the end of the season, a drawing will be held for the custom Louisville playmat(s) we are designing. Each League Point earned in the season is an entry. The more entry fees we take in (after paying for the OP kits), the more prize support we'll have for the Grand Prizes.

If you are interested and in the area, check out our Facebook group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/597106883959233/).

After our first event (which had 9 people, so 3 tables of 3 players each), I can say that it was the most fun I've had yet with this game. Not only are you playing your game, but everyone else is experiencing the same scenario at the same time. Everyone is having the same sorts of triumphs and problems. With the scoring everyone mostly worked together, with none of the sandbagging I've seen at other Legendary OP events. Weaving everything into a story (of sorts) even gives it a little bit of that flavor that makes Legendary so great.

Anyway, plug time: if you are in or around Louisville, join us for the Louisville Legendary League!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sherri Fillingham
msg tools
mbmb
Hey, quick question ....

This sounds very much like an ongoing league where drop ins would not work well.

I live in Cincinnati and LOVE Legendary. Your league sounds wonderful, but it's a long way to come as frequently as you have events. I would love to come a couple of times, though, if you allow an inconstant visitor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathon M
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slfillingham wrote:
Hey, quick question ....

This sounds very much like an ongoing league where drop ins would not work well.

I live in Cincinnati and LOVE Legendary. Your league sounds wonderful, but it's a long way to come as frequently as you have events. I would love to come a couple of times, though, if you allow an inconstant visitor.

Sherri,

You would absolutely be welcome! Each event is a stand-alone self contained thing. So it's certainly cool if you only make a few events. And you'll still be eligible for the Grand Prize drawing(s) at the end of the six months.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathon M
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Our scenarios for Month 3 are all up! On April 22nd, the Fantastic Four and the Silver Surfer take on Galactus, Captain America X 5 takes on Heinrich Zemo, and Five Spider-Powered People fight Carnage!

We've had a good turnout at the first two events (9 and 8 respectively), and I'm hoping to keep that going (and maybe add a few more people). If you are in the Louisville, KY are, look us up on Facebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.