Subject: rulebook doubt - french rulebook misprint? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
paulo camacho

Hawaii
msg tools
mbmbmb
hi,

i'm living in france and got both TEG and TEG:BtB. the base set was bought in the french version from pixie games and in the solo rules it clearly states that if a die is unusable by the rogue galaxy it gets re-rolled once. if it's still unusable it is then discarded.

i've searched here and got a PDF versions of the original rules and it doesn't say that, but i've heard (in my solo gamers group) that there maybe some english rulebooks that says the re-roll is applied.

so, what do you guys think: to re-roll or not to re-roll?

thanks!
paulo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
krmchl wrote:
hi,

i'm living in france and got both TEG and TEG:BtB. the base set was bought in the french version from pixie games and in the solo rules it clearly states that if a die is unusable by the rogue galaxy it gets re-rolled once. if it's still unusable it is then discarded.

i've searched here and got a PDF versions of the original rules and it doesn't say that, but i've heard (in my solo gamers group) that there maybe some english rulebooks that says the re-roll is applied.

so, what do you guys think: to re-roll or not to re-roll?

thanks!
paulo

First Edition: No reroll!
Second Edition: Reroll!

It makes the game a little harder but less luck dependent for the Rogue ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Korossy
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
goldeneyeonline wrote:

First Edition: No reroll!
Second Edition: Reroll!

It makes the game a little harder but less luck dependent for the Rogue ;-)

Yup!

But I'll add: there were many people (including myself!) who thought that the original rules were WAY more fun. Eventually, Michael Coe (of Gamelyn Games) said that he might include BOTH in future manuals, to offer two different ways to play.

Last month, however, David Molina posted a variant that might be better than either:

Roll all AI dice variant

This variant speeds up the game, makes the dummy player seem more intelligent, and ALSO rerolls unusable dice... but it still feels fair. In terms of difficulty, it seems to be right between the 1st and 2nd edition rules; I strongly urge you to check it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.