3 Posts

Splendor: Cities of Splendor» Forums » Rules

Subject: Does the wildcard copy card with two gold? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jake Mak-Grou
Russia
flag msg tools
Can i copy the wildcard with a double gold card? Also, if i copy double diamond card, i have 1 additionally diamond? And can I play 2 wildcards to 1 double diamond card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Herman
United States
Sussex
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It cannot copy a double gold card because after use the double gold card goes in the Box and is therefore never really yours.

It is my understanding that it can copy a double resource card but I don't have a reference for that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Mak-Grou
Russia
flag msg tools
SeanH wrote:
It cannot copy a double gold card because after use the double gold card goes in the Box and is therefore never really yours.

It is my understanding that it can copy a double resource card but I don't have a reference for that.

Your argument is controversial, because rules say: "You must discard, as a priority, the cards bearing () associated with this color, if you have any". Respectively, why can not I play and discard the wildcard first, and then play and discard the double gold card?

But, I found on the website www.asmodee.us the description of all 4 expansions, that's what it says about "The Orient": "the gem bag allows you to permantly add one color of gem to your resources once acquired". That is, the gem bag adds 1 color to the gem. And since gold is not a gem, it can not be copied. This is proof!

Questions remained unclear: the wildcard copies each gem separately (creates a pair with it) or is it enough for one gem to copy it with wildcards several times? Accordingly, if I copy a card with two gems, can I play only one wildcard and copy one gem or can I play two wildcards and copy both gems from one card?

The fact is that I have 2 version of rules - from the box with the game and from www.asmodee.us - and they are somewhat different (The Orient), in some (from the box) it says: "Immediately and permanently pair this card to a card you previously acquired. This card is worth 1 bonus matching the bonus of the card it is paired with. You cannot purchase this card if you don’t have at least one card with a gem bonus.
Note: you must pair this card before replacing it."

In others (from the website) it says: "Associate - immediately and permanently - this card to a card you acquired previously. It is now worth 1 bonus identical to the card’s bonus to which it is associated. You cannot purchase this card if you don’t have at least one card with a gem bonus.
Note: you must associate before replacing the acquired card."

Which of the rules is correct?

A "pair" is 2, but the rules say: "You cannot purchase this (wild) card, if you do not have at least one card with a gem bonus". Consequently, if you have at least one card with a gem bonus, you may purchase this cards regardless of how many cards with gem bonus are played (one card with gem bonus is enough). In addition, in one version of the rules there is no concept "pair".

So how to actually play correctly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.