Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris S
United States
Portland
Maine
flag msg tools
I sporadically review games...
badge
... It's a running kidney... Kidneys are kind of my profession...
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone planning on upgrading their game? I admit, I am a sucker for pimping out my games with bling. Nothing too crazy. But I look for nice ways to upgrade games I really like. I must admit, this is a game I really like.

So... I have already upgraded the money in the game. I know a lot of people are big fans of using poker chips as replacements for many of their heavier games. While I think this works... I instead have opted to use more thematic coins from eagle gryphon games which work quite well in the game and fit thematically.

I actually like the goods and boats that come in the base game. I always upgrade dice to bigger dice on sierra madre games (I don't like tiny dice). But now I am looking to upgrade the family cubes. A lot of the videos prior to release show meeples for each family member... I like the look of meeples in games. But the cubes are 8 mm that come with tehg ame and the smallest meeples are 12 mm that I can find (meeple source) not to mention replacing them via meeple source will mean $50. Anyone have any other bright ideas?

I'll probably just keep using the cubes because they work just fine and look ok. I just like the idea of meeples.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JPotter
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I enjoy designing / manufacturing game components and upgrades. Got a project? PM!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Print tiny portraits and adhere them to the cubes. Clearcoat. Done.

Or, replace them all with comically large and top-heavy standees. What could possibly go wrong?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Charlton
United Kingdom
East Barnet
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
www.finchleygamesclub.org
mbmbmbmbmb
I definitely need to do something about the money, the substitute that comes with the game really is terrible. The challenge is that the spaces for it are quite small so poker chips won't really work.

I might also paint the orange cubes a different colour. Someone wasn't concentrating when they decided yellow, orange and pinky red was a good colour combination.

But neither of those are really pimping, just correcting bad production decisions. The rest of it seems perfectly good and the look of the thing is kinda gorgeous.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Veehyvez
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got that money with my copy of brass, it's probably the one I use the most with almost all my games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bailey
England
WEST BRIDGFORD
NOTTINGHAM
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RandomGraham wrote:
I definitely need to do something about the money, the substitute that comes with the game really is terrible. The challenge is that the spaces for it are quite small so poker chips won't really work.

I might also paint the orange cubes a different colour. Someone wasn't concentrating when they decided yellow, orange and pinky red was a good colour combination.

But neither of those are really pimping, just correcting bad production decisions. The rest of it seems perfectly good and the look of the thing is kinda gorgeous.

We've been using Victorian pennies which you can pick up pretty cheap and bulk off ebay. They're quite large though but the six pence (~20mmm) or perhaps shillings (23mm) would fit the size requirements?

cheers,

Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.